KK Liberty max tire size with no rub - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > KK Liberty max tire size with no rub

Magnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High ClearanIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 01-13-2010, 11:57 AM   #31
09_Silver
2011 KK Liberty 

Can someone explain exactly what the differences are between the Daystar lift kit (or similar) and a "full spring kit"? Thanks

Unread 01-13-2010, 12:08 PM   #32
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09_Silver View Post
Can someone explain exactly what the differences are between the Daystar lift kit (or similar) and a "full spring kit"? Thanks
Brief example
Full springs kit is when you basically remove you suspension ( springs and shocks) and replace them with upgraded ones for a better ride, better handling etc. For example stock springs ( using a KJ ) are rated at between 300-320 lbs in the front, upgrading to say OME heavy Duty 927s with 400 lb spring rate it rides better etc, thus upgrading same way with shocks

Spacer kits like the daystar use a puck that you install in with the stock spring to gain height but does nothing for better ride etc, also will over time also make the springs sag quicker due to always having them compressed more than normal
tommudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2010, 12:15 AM   #33
09_Silver
2011 KK Liberty 

Cool. Thanks. So do you get a better ride due to higher quality springs and shocks? Seems like springs with a higher spring rate would give you a stiffer, rough ride.
Unread 01-14-2010, 01:06 AM   #34
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

You get a firmer more controlled ride I think
Example on set of railroad tracks that I used to cross daily, before I lifted I would have to slow down to 30/35 to cross due to it hitting bumpstops and bouncing all over , after I lifted I could run across them at 55/60 no problem. Also stock springs are sagging at 30,000 or so, I just switched out my OME heavy duty springs with 100,000 miles on them.
tommudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 05:37 PM   #35
09_Silver
2011 KK Liberty 

That sounds like exactly what I want. Where do you recommend getting the OME kit from? And would I need OME springs and struts?

Ooh....just found this:
http://www.rocky-road.com/kkrockfather.html

I think I need to save up for the deluxe kit!

Last edited by 09_Silver; 01-15-2010 at 06:15 PM..
09_Silver is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.