KK discontinued in UK? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > KK discontinued in UK?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 07-21-2010, 02:32 PM   #1
ukliberty
2003 KJ Liberty 

KK discontinued in UK?

Hi, I currently have a KJ, but with my new job I had the chance to get a KK under lease, but when I talked to the lease company they told me that the KK was no longer available to order as it was a discontinued model and only limited dealer stock is available - any one in the uk know if this is true? If it is then that does not bode well for Jeep in UK and does it mean that the new GC will not make it over here?
Dave

ukliberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2010, 07:34 PM   #2
MtnLuvr
2009 KK Liberty 

I haven't read any such thing but would be interested if anyone else has.
MtnLuvr's Off-Road Front Winch Bumper, Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, Heavy Duty Off-Road Rear Bumper/JBA 4" AaS Lift w/UCAs/16x8's w/ 245/75R16 GY MT/Rs
MtnLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2010, 09:31 PM   #3
Cory99WJ
1999 WJ 

It's possible that they had the KK (Cherokee) mixed up with the out going WK (Grand Cherokee).
Cory99WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 02:47 PM   #4
ukliberty
2003 KJ Liberty 

Asked them for the whole list and all I can get from Jeep would be the patriot or wrangler. They had the right wording around the GC. Interestingly looking at the dealer used vehicles and car sale sites there are no late reg cars about at all.
that prompted me to look into some of the registration figures for new vehicles and it looks really bad for Jeep. Its a real shame as they get tarred with a unreliable brush but both the KJ and WK we have have not missed a beat - especially in the weather where it really matters.
My nearest dealer is now close to a 2hr round trip and even they have started to sell other makes as they can not survive on chrysler/jeep sales.
Unread 08-04-2010, 03:39 AM   #5
merlinTec

Hi
We have done the same. We have handed back the sale side and taken on VW looking to drop the lot but have to give 2 years notice unless someone buys it from us. The new GC is coming to the UK technical had on the other month to go over. KK is just way over priced to sell over here so not surprised if they have dropped it, not that I know anything about sales. Things should improve from september as Jeep move to slough to join Fiat and technical staff will increase to fix vehicles faster.
Unread 08-05-2010, 03:10 PM   #6
ukliberty
2003 KJ Liberty 

well looks like they have quitely dropped it off the UK website as well now.........Maybe they will speed up the replacement that was due around 2013 - there is a market for that size, the Freelander is not sitting around in showrooms very long and personally I think they are way overpriced even compared to the KK.
I think its the solid axle that puts most people off even before they get to see or ride in a Jeep. Its strong and cheap but on UK roads it has some major drawbacks.

Oh well........looks like I will have to go down the route of a soft roader now as there are no other real 4x4 out there other than LR and I just dont like them.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.