KK 3.7 same as WK/XK 3.7? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > KK 3.7 same as WK/XK 3.7?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-06-2013, 06:30 AM   #46
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid View Post
I'm almost positive reinstalling the tune would does the same thing as disconnecting the battery. Not 100 percent though. Keep your stock throttle body with you somewhere for the first month I'd say just in case the Jeep all of sudden goes haywire and in limp mode or something stupid.
Yeah, I definitely plan on keeping the stock TB in case something happens. On another note... the drive to work this morning was short but at highway speeds the Jeep just seemed to respond better to acceleration and it's noticeably more aggressive at WOT. At my next fill up I'm going to drive it normally and see if my mileage improves any

huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 08:00 AM   #47
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Any change at idle and start up?
Gageraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 08:03 AM   #48
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Any change at idle and start up?
It sounds more aggressive when I first start it up (like when it revs right when it turns over) but it idles just fine
Unread 08-06-2013, 08:06 AM   #49
Liberty09MN
2009 KK Liberty 

So were the install problems you had just from trying to match up with the K&N? Would this be very simple without it, or would it not be as effective without aftermarket intake? Keep us updated on results!
Liberty09MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 08:14 AM   #50
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty09MN View Post
So were the install problems you had just from trying to match up with the K&N? Would this be very simple without it, or would it not be as effective without aftermarket intake? Keep us updated on results!
The only install problems was getting the damn 3.25" adapter for my K&N to the new TB. I ended up finding a coupler from Home Depot that fit perfectly. Other than that, the install was cake. I have no idea if it will work with the stock intake though but I'm sure if there's a will, there's a way
Unread 08-06-2013, 08:17 AM   #51
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Do you have aftermarket muffler/exhaust system?
Unread 08-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #52
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Do you have aftermarket muffler/exhaust system?
No sir, just stock exhaust. I thought about getting the Gibson cat back but I don't want it to be loud and I really hate the tip that's on it. If I did get it I would have a shop cut it off and weld in a turn down like the stock exhaust has
Unread 08-06-2013, 08:37 AM   #53
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntb View Post
No sir, just stock exhaust. I thought about getting the Gibson cat back but I don't want it to be loud and I really hate the tip that's on it. If I did get it I would have a shop cut it off and weld in a turn down like the stock exhaust has
If you don't like the tip it looks really good without it.
Unread 08-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #54
myfirstjeep1

How's it running?
myfirstjeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 09:24 AM   #55
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirstjeep1 View Post
How's it running?
Like a champ. Quarter way through my first tank of gas. I'll update on my next fill up on any mileage increases. On average lately I've been getting about 14.5 MPG
Unread 08-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #56
myfirstjeep1

How heavy is that foot of yours? I've been getting a lot better than that! Average of 21-22 after hypertech and exhaust
myfirstjeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #57
MtBJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntb

Like a champ. Quarter way through my first tank of gas. I'll update on my next fill up on any mileage increases. On average lately I've been getting about 14.5 MPG
Is this combined city/highway or more city than highway? I ask because with a larger TB your mileage should suffer under medium to heavy load (acceleration/pulling/etc) because the increased air flow requires increased fuel to support it but under normal fuel requirements (flat highway w/cruise control etc) you should actually see an improvement in mileage (I'm not talking a lot here) due to to engine not having to work as hard to get the air it asks for.

Any hiccups to speak of aside from finding the adapter for the intake?
MtBJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #58
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtBJet View Post
Is this combined city/highway or more city than highway? I ask because with a larger TB your mileage should suffer under medium to heavy load (acceleration/pulling/etc) because the increased air flow requires increased fuel to support it but under normal fuel requirements (flat highway w/cruise control etc) you should actually see an improvement in mileage (I'm not talking a lot here) due to to engine not having to work as hard to get the air it asks for.

Any hiccups to speak of aside from finding the adapter for the intake?
It's combined driving. I already know that I'm getting better mileage though. After a quarter tank I'm at 80-85 miles and its usually around 70 or lower.

The installation went really smooth except the connector was kind of hard to get off. Also, there is a push mount cable tie on the cable that you need a puller tool to get out (or just cut it). When reinstalling make sure to NOT overtighten the bolts. IIRC it's supposed to be 7.5 Nm (65in lbs) and install with a criss-cross pattern (upper left, lower right, upper right, lower left)
Unread 08-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #59
MtBJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntb

It's combined driving. I already know that I'm getting better mileage though. After a quarter tank I'm at 80-85 miles and its usually around 70 or lower.

The installation went really smooth except the connector was kind of hard to get off. Also, there is a push mount cable tie on the cable that you need a puller tool to get out (or just cut it). When reinstalling make sure to NOT overtighten the bolts. IIRC it's supposed to be 7.5 Nm (65in lbs) and install with a criss-cross pattern (upper left, lower right, upper right, lower left)
Nice. Thanks for testing this out for everyone.
MtBJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #60
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirstjeep1 View Post
How heavy is that foot of yours? I've been getting a lot better than that! Average of 21-22 after hypertech and exhaust

huntb, is also lifted with larger tires. I don't know if you are too. I honestly forgot lol
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.