KJ or KK or Patriot Please Help Me - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > KJ or KK or Patriot Please Help Me

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 12-16-2010, 10:25 AM   #1
gg2488541

KJ or KK or Patriot Please Help Me

Hello, everybody, I am a New Guy just in our place. I want to get a pre-owned Jeep. I do not know KJ, KK or Patriot which one is better. I do not need off-road. Because I am in Toledo, I need 4WD in winter snow days. Most of time, I will use it on dry normal way or high speed way. But there are some people said KJ and KK have a vibration problem when the speed up to 80 miles. Although some people said there are many problems with Jeep, I love Jeep. Thank you very much, everyone. Can anyone help me to choice which one is better and when I have a test drive in dealer for a pre-owned Jeep, what should I notice. Thank you very much.

gg2488541 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2010, 10:54 AM   #2
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Welcome. Hope your choice will be a Jeep.

First off, my KK is vibration free. I had it up 110 mph on my way to tampa on I75, when the rev limiter kicked in and it would not go past 110

For your needs, I would go with the patriot AWD. personally, I would go with the 4x4 SELECT TRAC Liberty. hope all KJ and KK members would give their opinions on this thread.
Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2010, 03:03 PM   #3
09_Silver
2011 KK Liberty 

I love my KK. I would highly recommend upgrading the tires though on any Jeep. I actually talked to a Jeep salesman tell me that Jeep puts cheap tires on new Jeeps to keep the cost down expecting that people will upgrade and put what they want on them. I just barely got around to doing it and it made a huge difference in overall feel, traction, stability, and of course looks way better!
Unread 12-16-2010, 03:44 PM   #4
jtpape
2011 WK 

I looked at both the Patriot and Liberty and bought a Liberty in 08. You couldn't get a lot of the comfort items in the Patriot then, like power seats, seat heat, etc.

I have a Limited 4x4 and I don't get a vibration but I don't think I've ever had it over 70 in 4wd. I love mine and I have 35K miles on it.
jtpape is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2010, 05:11 PM   #5
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

I don't think the liberty has 4HI though? I'm not sure. My brother has a KJ, with 4x4. Only issues he's had with his is the window motor's crap'n out on him. He got'm replaced under warranty. He man-handles that thing like it's nobody's business. No mechanical issues. The 3.7L and tranny really are perfect for this vehicle. Like a match made in heaven.

As for the MK's.. I like'm. When they came out I didn't like'm. Too simple, too plain... TOO practical... But the Patriot has found a great niche in the auto industry - It's got more 'bells and whistles' now. I think for your purposes you should ask yourself more relevant questions like: Do you tow? shuttle a lot of people around or just you? Do you do a ton of driving? Luxury? Space? How much 4x4 capability do you want? How often does it snow? Do you require a vehicle with more clearance if it snows a lot and you get a lot of accumulation. Thats a starter, lol.
Unread 12-16-2010, 06:09 PM   #6
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_WK View Post
I don't think the liberty has 4HI though? I'm not sure. My brother has a KJ, with 4x4. Only issues he's had with his is the window motor's crap'n out on him. He got'm replaced under warranty. He man-handles that thing like it's nobody's business. No mechanical issues. The 3.7L and tranny really are perfect for this vehicle. Like a match made in heaven.

As for the MK's.. I like'm. When they came out I didn't like'm. Too simple, too plain... TOO practical... But the Patriot has found a great niche in the auto industry - It's got more 'bells and whistles' now. I think for your purposes you should ask yourself more relevant questions like: Do you tow? shuttle a lot of people around or just you? Do you do a ton of driving? Luxury? Space? How much 4x4 capability do you want? How often does it snow? Do you require a vehicle with more clearance if it snows a lot and you get a lot of accumulation. Thats a starter, lol.
All 4wd Liberties have 2wd,4hi,and 4 low and those with the crappy select trac t-case get the full time 4wd option also.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.