KJ or KK or Patriot Please Help Me - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > KJ or KK or Patriot Please Help Me

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Jeep Wrangler Framless, Bowless, Trektops 92-95 YJ, 97-06 TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 12-16-2010, 09:25 AM   #1
gg2488541

KJ or KK or Patriot Please Help Me

Hello, everybody, I am a New Guy just in our place. I want to get a pre-owned Jeep. I do not know KJ, KK or Patriot which one is better. I do not need off-road. Because I am in Toledo, I need 4WD in winter snow days. Most of time, I will use it on dry normal way or high speed way. But there are some people said KJ and KK have a vibration problem when the speed up to 80 miles. Although some people said there are many problems with Jeep, I love Jeep. Thank you very much, everyone. Can anyone help me to choice which one is better and when I have a test drive in dealer for a pre-owned Jeep, what should I notice. Thank you very much.

gg2488541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2010, 09:54 AM   #2
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Welcome. Hope your choice will be a Jeep.

First off, my KK is vibration free. I had it up 110 mph on my way to tampa on I75, when the rev limiter kicked in and it would not go past 110

For your needs, I would go with the patriot AWD. personally, I would go with the 4x4 SELECT TRAC Liberty. hope all KJ and KK members would give their opinions on this thread.
Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2010, 02:03 PM   #3
09_Silver
2011 KK Liberty 

I love my KK. I would highly recommend upgrading the tires though on any Jeep. I actually talked to a Jeep salesman tell me that Jeep puts cheap tires on new Jeeps to keep the cost down expecting that people will upgrade and put what they want on them. I just barely got around to doing it and it made a huge difference in overall feel, traction, stability, and of course looks way better!
Unread 12-16-2010, 02:44 PM   #4
jtpape
2011 WK 

I looked at both the Patriot and Liberty and bought a Liberty in 08. You couldn't get a lot of the comfort items in the Patriot then, like power seats, seat heat, etc.

I have a Limited 4x4 and I don't get a vibration but I don't think I've ever had it over 70 in 4wd. I love mine and I have 35K miles on it.
jtpape is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2010, 04:11 PM   #5
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

I don't think the liberty has 4HI though? I'm not sure. My brother has a KJ, with 4x4. Only issues he's had with his is the window motor's crap'n out on him. He got'm replaced under warranty. He man-handles that thing like it's nobody's business. No mechanical issues. The 3.7L and tranny really are perfect for this vehicle. Like a match made in heaven.

As for the MK's.. I like'm. When they came out I didn't like'm. Too simple, too plain... TOO practical... But the Patriot has found a great niche in the auto industry - It's got more 'bells and whistles' now. I think for your purposes you should ask yourself more relevant questions like: Do you tow? shuttle a lot of people around or just you? Do you do a ton of driving? Luxury? Space? How much 4x4 capability do you want? How often does it snow? Do you require a vehicle with more clearance if it snows a lot and you get a lot of accumulation. Thats a starter, lol.
Unread 12-16-2010, 05:09 PM   #6
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_WK View Post
I don't think the liberty has 4HI though? I'm not sure. My brother has a KJ, with 4x4. Only issues he's had with his is the window motor's crap'n out on him. He got'm replaced under warranty. He man-handles that thing like it's nobody's business. No mechanical issues. The 3.7L and tranny really are perfect for this vehicle. Like a match made in heaven.

As for the MK's.. I like'm. When they came out I didn't like'm. Too simple, too plain... TOO practical... But the Patriot has found a great niche in the auto industry - It's got more 'bells and whistles' now. I think for your purposes you should ask yourself more relevant questions like: Do you tow? shuttle a lot of people around or just you? Do you do a ton of driving? Luxury? Space? How much 4x4 capability do you want? How often does it snow? Do you require a vehicle with more clearance if it snows a lot and you get a lot of accumulation. Thats a starter, lol.
All 4wd Liberties have 2wd,4hi,and 4 low and those with the crappy select trac t-case get the full time 4wd option also.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.