Keyless remote - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Keyless remote

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-07-2010, 06:05 AM   #1
JuanAdventure
2009 KK Liberty 

Keyless remote

Hi everyone,

I own (well, my wife does) a 2009 Cherokee Limited (Liberty in the US). I would like the car to honk whenever I close it with the remote. Is it possible to program the remote to do that? In the EVIC there's no option for that...

Thanks, from Spain

JuanAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2010, 06:47 AM   #2
Elt31987

2008 KK Liberty 

Mine has always honked when the doors were locked by the remote.
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids
Elt31987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2010, 06:55 AM   #3
JuanAdventure
2009 KK Liberty 

They might have different configurations for other countries...

I also have a Chrysler Neon and it does honk when locked by the remote. I've gotten so used to it that I now miss in in the Jeep.
Unread 05-07-2010, 09:37 PM   #4
08KKJeepGrn
2008 KK Liberty 

you can change that ... It's really easy (even a cave man can do it) it's the EVIC controls under personal settings... scroll through and you'll find it... Sometimes I set it as no horn flash only, and other times horn and flash when lock..
Soon to come: '13/'14 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
08KKJeepGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2010, 09:44 PM   #5
infernicus
2007 KJ Liberty 

The OP said it's not in there, maybe he missed it.. I know there's a trick when you hold down the lock button on the FOB then press unlock or something, I tried to look for it, but couldn't find it..
Unread 05-08-2010, 02:21 AM   #6
JuanAdventure
2009 KK Liberty 

The option is not in the EVIC. It should be there. The owner's manual shows the option, but when you scroll through the option is not there. I was hoping there was a combination of buttons or something else that would allow me to do such programming.
Unread 05-08-2010, 09:03 PM   #7
pauld73
2010 KK Liberty 

The option to turn the horn on/off is not in EVIC. I don't have EVIC and I was able to turn the horn beep off. Look in the user's manual for the 2010 Liberty under "Your keys" or something like that. You do it by pressing the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons at the same time. Look in your user's guide.

Paul
pauld73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2010, 03:12 AM   #8
JuanAdventure
2009 KK Liberty 

I checked my owner's manual, as you suggested. Indeed, there's a mention about how to activate and deactivate flashing when remote-locking the car. In fact, there's a mention for cars with EVIC and without EVIC. Which is weird, because my car, although equipped with EVIC, does not have the option for activating/deactivating flashing when locking, either. And the key combination to do it, does not seem to work, either. On top of that, in my manual there's no mention about honk when locking.

So, I downloaded and checked the owner's manual from the jeep.com page. This manual seems to be the one for the US, and is pretty much the same as mine (although mine is in Spanish, of course). But in the US manual there is a mention on how to change settings for flashing and honking (for both EVIC or not). For the honk you have to use the "panic" button, which my remote does not have.

It's not something that important, really, but since the car will be dur for service in a few thousand kilometers, I'll check with my mechanic if there's something that can be done.

Thanks, from Spain

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.