Key - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Key

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 05-18-2011, 04:28 PM   #1
paga
2008 KK Liberty 

Key

Recently bought a 2008 Jeep Liberty, only came with one key, the remote on the key head, but not remote start, perhaps no alarm because when I open the door with the key manually no alarm sounds (after locking it with the remote). Purchased a transponder key online, the grey one WITHOUT the remote on the head...Can the dealer program this key with their DRB III tool to work? I then would have a spare key without remote option (which I don't need in a spare key) and save much $$ on the 2nd key.

paga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2011, 11:53 AM   #2
kmrcstintn
2011 KK Liberty 

what I just did (to have a startup key for winter warmups) was go to a local full service locksmith; they had a Strattec chipped key blank they cut and programmed using a code reader (after calling Chrysler to confirm the programming code for a secondary key); the key cost $25 and the programming cost $40...a bit high for a spare key, but alot LESS EXPENSIVE than a dealer FOB key; now I can unlock my vehicle with the FOB (which silences the alarm), start the car with the spare key, and relock the doors while the vehicle warms up for 3 to 5 minutes during the winter
kmrcstintn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2011, 06:20 PM   #3
Dave_B
2008 KK Liberty 

Now trhat you have a second key, you can prorgam additional keys yourself. Go to your local hardware store most stock the chipped keys now.

Dave

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.