Keep my Liberty As She Is - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Keep my Liberty As She Is

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 03-12-2014, 07:35 PM   #1
davidshain
2009 JK Wrangler 

Keep my Liberty As She Is

So, I am scrubbing the idea of transforming her from a 2wd to 4wd. I just want to make her a one-of-a-kind street ride. She is a 2012 Limited Latitude 2wd black loaded with all the factory goodies. Now, I ask you all out there for some ideas. How can I make her look like the perfect monochrome black killer Liberty Limited Latitude 2wd. What wheels and tires, what suspension, etc should I go with? Help!

davidshain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2014, 07:41 PM   #2
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

If you want a street ride, just keep it 2wd. If you wheeled it, then sure think about a 4wd swap. Even then, if you were to do a 4wd swap, take the plunge and do a solid axle swap. The electronics alone would make the swap difficult, so make it worth while lol
Unread 03-12-2014, 08:30 PM   #3
cherox
2012 KK Liberty 

Start by getting the factory Jet wheels. They are 20" wheels on nice low profile street tires. They are a little big for my taste as I prefer the big tire small wheel ratio instead of the opposite, but they've grown on me. Ask board member LibertyRS (I think thats his handle) about the lowering kit he put on his. Other cosmetic goodies to consider are chrome mirror covers and maybe mud flaps and a rear bumper guard.

Good luck, and let us know how you mod your Liberty!
cherox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2014, 08:29 AM   #4
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

I think this is the third thread you have made on this topic. Might want to go back and bump the old thread

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2014, 10:53 AM   #5
micherokee

2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKWJEEPER View Post
I think this is the third thread you have made on this topic. Might want to go back and bump the old thread

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yea;its getting old
    Gibson Exhaust
    K&N filters
    Front&Rear Hooks
    Rear Taillight Guards
micherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2014, 11:03 AM   #6
JeepLibertyKK
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by micherokee View Post
Yea;its getting old
Unread 03-14-2014, 11:33 PM   #7
davidshain
2009 JK Wrangler 

Ok I got everybody. Geez!
Unread 03-16-2014, 06:14 PM   #8
davidshain
2009 JK Wrangler 

OK, last post on this subject of what to do with my Liberty. I ordered Nitto Terra Grapplers in 255/55-18 mounting on the factory limited 18" wheels that I am going to plasti dip black. Then Ill be looking at finding a totaled out in the rear Liberty 4x4, take all the front drive parts and whatever I need and put it all under mine. This is my summer job to get it ready for next fall and winter. Strip out the rest of the totaled out ride and sell the metal for scrap to recoup some of my funds. Sell the rest of the parts to recoup too and keep her. I really do love the Lib. Ill improve her over the years, keep her and see what I come up with in time. Sorry for the repeated threats on the same subject, I know it was getting old. All is well. Now if we can just get through this crappy winter weather season!
Unread 03-16-2014, 06:20 PM   #9
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

Good luck with the project! It sounds like it will be a good combination of fun and challenge. If you successfully convert yours to 4WD, document the process and post a write up! You will be the first to do so with the KK to my knowledge, and I know I've seen people asking about this 2 to 4WD conversion before.
Unread 03-17-2014, 03:15 PM   #10
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

badda bing, badda boom! What could be easier than that? A couple of nuts and bolts and there you go! 4x4!
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2014, 03:25 PM   #11
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

I think the electronics and computer system will be the hardest part, but if you grab the wiring harnesses it might work.
Unread 03-18-2014, 03:39 PM   #12
josworth
2010 KK Liberty 

My only advise... Research real good any differences in the PCM programming. Let's say you found a 2009 totaled, the various components may or may not talk nice...

For example from previous experience... 2005 to 2007 Chrysler LX cars use different electronics from 2008 to 2010 years even though most of the components just bolt in.

Not saying this is the case with the KK, I honestly don't know. Just very wise to find out what swaps with what.
josworth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2014, 07:38 AM   #13
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by josworth View Post
My only advise... Research real good any differences in the PCM programming. Let's say you found a 2009 totaled, the various components may or may not talk nice...

For example from previous experience... 2005 to 2007 Chrysler LX cars use different electronics from 2008 to 2010 years even though most of the components just bolt in.

Not saying this is the case with the KK, I honestly don't know. Just very wise to find out what swaps with what.
This is correct. 08-10 Liberties have different CAN-BUS systems than 11 and up
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2014, 12:55 PM   #14
josworth
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntb View Post
This is correct. 08-10 Liberties have different CAN-BUS systems than 11 and up
Good info there! Thanks!

I guess that also means I won't be able to just bolt in a 2011 steering wheel.. RATS!
josworth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2014, 12:59 PM   #15
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

I think certain parts work.... I know wranglers can swap steering wheels.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.