Just wanted to say thanks! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Just wanted to say thanks!

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesThe Retrofit Source / JW Speaker LED Headlight GROUP BUY!

Unread 06-16-2010, 06:33 AM   #1
griff02
2008 KK Liberty 

Just wanted to say thanks!

I can't remember who it was that posted a TSB for the third to fourth gear torque converter lock up changes, but it made a world of difference for me.

One of my biggest complaints with my '08 liberty was when it felt like the acceleration would just die off when causually driving up a slight incline or load. Used to drive me crazy, but the TSB flat fixed it. Now I'm a happy camper once again. I took it in to Ed Voyles with less than 800 miles on my warranty (my Jeep doesn't see the dealer much) and expected a little resistance, but they were more than happy to do it, no questions asked.

Thanks again to who ever posted that TSB, it sure lets me enjoy my liberty that much more.

griff02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2010, 12:03 PM   #2
LibertyHopeful
2008 KK Liberty 

Please do repost whatever it is you're talking about! Are you saying there's a solution to not having the acceleration die off when going up a slight incline? That's one of my beefs, too. Even at redline, my KK can't seem to accelerate when going up a slight incline (only holds the speed going into it).
Pirelli Scorpion ATR 235/65R17 WeatherTech Floor Liners Mopar Cargo Tray
LibertyHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

griff02- I think it was merlinTec who gave you the TSB.
richd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2010, 04:31 PM   #4
griff02
2008 KK Liberty 

LibertyHopeful
The service TSB # is 18-023-09. I wish I could remember the link he gave me to pull it up. I'll see if I can find the old thread and post it for you. It does help with the description you gave.
Unread 06-17-2010, 04:46 PM   #5
griff02
2008 KK Liberty 

here is the link to the TSB http://sites.google.com/site/gravedi...attredirects=0
and here is the link to the original post http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/...5/#post9442990
Unread 06-17-2010, 05:32 PM   #6
LibertyHopeful
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by griff02 View Post
here is the link to the TSB http://sites.google.com/site/gravedi...attredirects=0
and here is the link to the original post http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/...5/#post9442990
That talks about driving at between 1000 and 1600RPM??? I'm talking about being near redline (about 5K RPMs) and I can't accelerate on a hill. If I go into the hill at 60MPH, 5K RPMs will just keep me at that 60MPH without decelerating, but I cannot get going faster than the speed I started the hill at -- almost like I need to get a running start when I know a hill is coming. I thought you were referring to the fact that this was because of software and not actually lack of horsepower (which I suspected and still suspect it is).
Unread 06-18-2010, 10:33 PM   #7
griff02
2008 KK Liberty 

mine was the low rpm problem between third and fourth. Are you towing when your at 5k rpm's? That seem really high for 60mph. I have experienced that when towing my camper up a hill, and I think your right, its just lack of power.
Unread 06-20-2010, 06:30 PM   #8
LibertyHopeful
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by griff02 View Post
mine was the low rpm problem between third and fourth. Are you towing when your at 5k rpm's? That seem really high for 60mph. I have experienced that when towing my camper up a hill, and I think your right, its just lack of power.
The only thing I'm towing is my body and a tank of gas. :P

At WOT, it simply can't accelerate up hills. It'll hold your speed and keep you from slowing down as long as it's not a big hill, but you simply cannot pickup speed in a current model KK when driving up a hill. I definitely think it's lack of horsepower. There's a 2 mile drive up a steady hill to my house and I blow the doors off everyone at the bottom of the hill just so I can be at speed before I hit that hill, otherwise, I'll be stuck at 40MPH for the whole way up.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.