JK Front Light Mounting Bar - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > JK Front Light Mounting Bar

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 07-11-2012, 08:56 AM   #16
rescue575
2011 KK Liberty 

So far looks good.......my first 3 of I'm sure many questions I'm gonna have while I'm installing mine:

1. I assume from your pictures at you meant to remove the grill (not bumper) right?

2. Did you use the bolts in all 4 holes?

3. Did you mount lights at all first to make sure you will have enough room for them in front of the grill?

Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2012, 10:01 AM   #17
staubitzk
2011 KK Liberty 

Good catch...sorry didn't have my coffee this morning. Yes I did remove the Grill but not the bumper. I did use the bolts in all four holes I aligned the front of the bar with the edge of the bumper before it slanted downward. You will see once you take the grill off. The back end of the bar was right to the edge of the bumper. As for the lights, I made sure to leave at least a 1 and a half gap between the mounting plate on the bar and the grill. The grill does have some play if I need a little more room. Since I am getting the Hella 500s, from this angle, you can see that it does not extend back past the mounting point so it should fit no problem.

Unread 07-11-2012, 01:07 PM   #18
rescue575
2011 KK Liberty 

Ahh. Yea you should have no problem with those. I got the KC slimlites so hopefully I will have same! Your install looks good so far though, thanks for the step by step. Will deff make my life a bit easier. I am waiting for the lights so j can measure it up, make the cuts then I'm gonna paint the bar white to match the truck before the install.

Did you use any kind of silicone on the bumper around the holes? Did you mount any washers and nuts under the bumper or just crewed right in? Also did you use the supplied bolts?

P.S. I told you I would have a hundred questions. Lol.
Unread 07-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #19
staubitzk
2011 KK Liberty 

I didn't use any silicone around the bolts as i drilled the pilot hole much smaller then the actual bolts so they held pretty good. Also, there is no need to worry about any water penetration. I tried using washers on top of the bolt by the head but they were not needed as well. It looked cleaner without them. As for the bolts, I went to Home Depot and picked up 4 small lag bolts. They worked like a charm.

Unread 07-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #20
VegasDragger45
2010 KK Liberty 

Just want to add that the hellas fit with no issues between the grill. I had to add washers under the lights before i bolted them in or I was unable to angel them.
2010 KK, 2" Daystar lift, 245/75/16 BFG All-Terrains, interior LED's, front rear and cargo liner weather tech's, Pioneer AVH-p4400BT, GEX-P920XM, Kicker 6" in front 5 1/4" in rear, PB 2.75" in dash, Kicker 300.1 amp, Pioneer TS-SWX310, JK light bar with Hella 500 ff and 100w bulb, BOYO rear view camera, JBA exhaust, K&N drop in filter and more to come.
VegasDragger45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2012, 04:01 PM   #21
VegasDragger45
2010 KK Liberty 

Pics of washers
image-3791589721.jpg   image-260986646.jpg   image-2324483189.jpg  
2010 KK, 2" Daystar lift, 245/75/16 BFG All-Terrains, interior LED's, front rear and cargo liner weather tech's, Pioneer AVH-p4400BT, GEX-P920XM, Kicker 6" in front 5 1/4" in rear, PB 2.75" in dash, Kicker 300.1 amp, Pioneer TS-SWX310, JK light bar with Hella 500 ff and 100w bulb, BOYO rear view camera, JBA exhaust, K&N drop in filter and more to come.
Unread 07-12-2012, 07:44 AM   #22
staubitzk
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasDragger45 View Post
Pics of washers
Thanks VegasDragger I will be making a trip to Home Depot to pick up a couple bags of washers.
Unread 07-12-2012, 07:49 AM   #23
rescue575
2011 KK Liberty 

Wow! Your not kidding about having to add washers. I assume you has to replace the bolts for longer ones right?
Unread 07-12-2012, 08:24 AM   #24
VegasDragger45
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue575
Wow! Your not kidding about having to add washers. I assume you has to replace the bolts for longer ones right?
Actually no the bolts were long enough that they still stick out on the bottom through the nut. I've had them on since December and it's never worked its way loose.
Unread 07-12-2012, 08:32 AM   #25
rescue575
2011 KK Liberty 

Good to know....I bought the KC's but I'm sure I will have the same issue
Unread 07-16-2012, 08:03 AM   #26
staubitzk
2011 KK Liberty 

Updated:

Just installed my Hella 500s with rock guard and smoked lenses. I also installed a custom Zombie rocker switch in the center console.
photo-1.jpg   photo-2.jpg   photo-3.jpg   photo-4.jpg   photo-5.jpg  

Unread 07-16-2012, 09:20 AM   #27
rescue575
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by staubitzk
Updated:

Just installed my Hella 500s with rock guard and smoked lenses. I also installed a custom Zombie rocker switch in the center console.
Looks real good man. Finally got my lights over the weekend. They look real sharp in chrome! Now I need to fabricate the bar. Let me ask you this.....think you posted that you cut about 2" of the bar.....did that leave you with a lot of extra room cause when I measured I feel that I didn't need to Gotham far? I wanted to try and keep the bar cut close to the grill.
Unread 07-16-2012, 09:33 AM   #28
staubitzk
2011 KK Liberty 

Ya I though the same thing. I went back and rechecked everything and I went and just did a 1 inch cut and took small cuts after that to get it perfect. I believe it worked out to be about an inch and a quarter give or take. My only suggestion would be to drill the bar to the bumper first, then cut and check the fit with the grill.
Unread 07-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #29
rescue575
2011 KK Liberty 

Ok...I just cut it about 1 1/2" to be safe. Should be fine with that!
Unread 07-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #30
staubitzk
2011 KK Liberty 

Post pictures when your done. I want to see it in white!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.