The Jeep Wave - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > The Jeep Wave

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 07-30-2011, 09:55 PM   #1
mcgski
2011 KK Liberty 

The Jeep Wave

When I was a Wrangler owner 10 or so years ago, I would pretty regularly get a wave from other Wrangler owners. I had always thought it was "a Jeep thing" as many of my non-Jeep friends had noticed we seemed to be the only brand to do this.

I am now a 2011 Liberty owner after not having a Jeep for the past decade, and when I wave to other Jeep owners, I usually get a funny stare. Even the Wrangler owners seem to ignore me.

Is this now "old school" or is this really just a Wrangler thing?

Thoughts, comments?

mcgski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 04:53 AM   #2
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Too many of the Wrangler,CJ owners don't look at any model Jeep as being a real Jeep unless it is a major aftermarket/rough and ready trail rig. I many eyes you are now just another owner of the mini crossover market SUV get out of my way already vehicle.
Kind of a shame ain't it.
Maybe we need a windshild sticker that reads "So is it a Jeep Prejudice Thing or What"
Unread 07-31-2011, 06:49 AM   #3
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

lol..

I consider myself a Jeep Enthusiast, my only thing is I don't do Wranglers. Not a hater or anything. I just prefer the less beaten path. Truth be told - I will ALWAYS return a Jeep wave regardless who sends it.. be it a wrangler, grand cherokee or whatever. But, I tend to ignore most stock Jeeps (including wranglers). I only initiate a wave when I see a Jeep has had some work put into it.
Unread 07-31-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Of course it could be that the human body only has two hands, and any more too many people are using them to text, talk, type, primp, prim, eat, do makeup, style hair, hand gestures, finger signal, pick their nose and a few I am sure I have forgotten. They simply put don't have an extra hand to wave least of all drive...
Unread 08-01-2011, 03:31 PM   #5
mcgski
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
Too many of the Wrangler,CJ owners don't look at any model Jeep as being a real Jeep unless it is a major aftermarket/rough and ready trail rig. I many eyes you are now just another owner of the mini crossover market SUV get out of my way already vehicle.
Kind of a shame ain't it.
Maybe we need a windshild sticker that reads "So is it a Jeep Prejudice Thing or What"
I don't know. From what XJ Carolina wrote, it makes sense some of the more hard core Wrangler owners won't initiate a wave, but my Wrangler back-in-the-day was stock and still got the wave. I'd also think that they would wave back.

I think maybe because of the different type of owners now with Jeeps, mostly older people and business folks, "the wave" doesn't make sense. I don't think there's that sense of community for the brand the same way it was 15 years ago. Back then there was the Wrangler and the Cherokee and the Wrangler was a two-door only.

Well, I'm gonna keep waving. Maybe I'll look like an idiot, but just maybe I'll get it going again in my small part of Harford Co. Maryland.
mcgski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 09:43 AM   #6
starscream
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgski View Post
When I was a Wrangler owner 10 or so years ago, I would pretty regularly get a wave from other Wrangler owners. I had always thought it was "a Jeep thing" as many of my non-Jeep friends had noticed we seemed to be the only brand to do this.

I am now a 2011 Liberty owner after not having a Jeep for the past decade, and when I wave to other Jeep owners, I usually get a funny stare. Even the Wrangler owners seem to ignore me.

Is this now "old school" or is this really just a Wrangler thing?

Thoughts, comments?
It's just a CJ/YJ/TJ/JK - to - CJ/YJ/TJ/JK thing, at least where I live. Anytime I drive mine I get and give waves from/to that group. In the wife's Liberty, nothing to and from anyone.
starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 07:49 PM   #7
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

As I been reading this post, perhaps if we all just start doing it, others will follow lol!
Poncherello is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #8
martinez
2010 KK Liberty 

When I had my JK it was..

Stock, top up, doors on = No wave
Mild lift, top down, doorless = Waves

Everybody on the JK forums said the same thing. It took a while for the CJ/YJ/TJ crowd to wave to the JKs but I think they came around. Not sure if will happen for the KKs though.
martinez is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.