Jeep Newbie - Two questions! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Jeep Newbie - Two questions!

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRoad Race Motorsports Stage 2 Power Pack

Unread 08-12-2011, 01:28 AM   #1
Jeen
2010 KK Liberty 

Jeep Newbie - Two questions!

Hi All,

New to this forum and the Jeep world. Just bought a 2010 Liberty KK and just love it! Find it a perfect balance for daily on road use and even better offroad. Had a Pathfinder and a Montero before this.

1) Question though: The sensor for the lights to go on automatically;
Has a delay of around 10 -15 seconds to turn on and a strict 5 sec delay to turn off.

Is it possible to change/tweak the turning on delay? It doesn't personally bug me but I noticed several times cars behind and coming opposite flashing their headlights - telling me to turn on my lights. 10- 15 seconds delay on the highway in a tunnel does in fact cover some distance in the "dark".

2) While washing my car last night, I made a nasty discovery on the door to the boot - there's a bit of rust under+beside the door handle on the boot. The only explanation (guess) I have given the Liberty is just 12 months old - is that it must be vibration between the handle and the door. - Does any one have experience with this issue and how to prevent it?

Thanks in advance for your feedback and greetings from Switzerland!!

Jeen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2011, 04:33 AM   #2
Anderson75
2010 KK Liberty 

Did you purchase from a dealer? May have came with anticorrosion a part of wrnty. Just a thought. Most new autos have some kind of rust protection.
Anderson75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2011, 05:30 AM   #3
Jeen
2010 KK Liberty 

Thank you for your comments

I did buy it from a dealer and still do have warranty - just them sand papering it down and repainting won't make the issue go away if it is the vibration which is causing this. That's why I wondered if anyone is aware and has a remedy for this.
Jeen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.