Jeep Mechanic/Tune Up - Queens/Long Island - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Jeep Mechanic/Tune Up - Queens/Long Island

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-28-2012, 08:50 PM   #1
gt5oh

Jeep Mechanic/Tune Up - Queens/Long Island

My first jeep.. Was always a car guy prior but I am learning to love and appreciate the truck.

I don't drive much as I work in NYC and use mass transit. I have an 08 limited liberty with about 25k miles on it. I work a lot and sometimes my weekends are so busy.. so as 30k mile service is approaching I am looking for a reputable local shop with Jeep experience near Queens, NY or Long Island..

If anyone has any recommendations that would be great.. Looking for the basic tune up stuff to be done probably during the summer time. Prefer somewhere I can drop off and pick up in a couple of days or same day if possible.

Appreciate it, thanks.

gt5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #2
rescue575

2011 KK Liberty 

Good question. I'm on the Queens/Nassau border too. Would be nice have "a guy" for my 2011 too!
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #3
gt5oh

no love! bump
Unread 03-16-2012, 11:59 PM   #4
BurntClutch
2011 KK Liberty 

I would like to know also, dealers been killing me.
BurntClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2012, 11:08 PM   #5
gt5oh

Anyone have anyone reputable to recommend for most simple things? Tune ups, replacement for simple parts etc??
Unread 12-20-2012, 05:04 AM   #6
Skipper6413
2011 KK Liberty 

I like doing all the simple stuff myself. Really don't trust anyone under my hood, and if so, it will be some major work. I understand everyone is different and a good mechanic is great to have, just too many horror stories out the for me.
Skipper6413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #7
gt5oh

I hear where your coming from, but a lot of us dont have time and just want to have that "person" that we know we can go to for things, drop the car off, pay for the service and be on with life.

its different getting a word of mouth referral than just going to any mechanic who you don't know
Unread 12-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #8
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

I know a couple of guys in Jersey, That I use but Queens that's a tough one.
Unread 12-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #9
ArcticDude88
2012 KK Liberty 

I know how hard it is to find a good mechanic. Tonys auto service center in Flushing are personal friends of mine and I will make the trip there from Long Island when I needed work done on my old cherokee. There as honest as it gets, priced right, and know what there doing. 152-06 Northern Blvd Flushing. Ask to see John or Pete and tell them Bobby sent ya.
ArcticDude88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #10
gt5oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticDude88 View Post
I know how hard it is to find a good mechanic. Tonys auto service center in Flushing are personal friends of mine and I will make the trip there from Long Island when I needed work done on my old cherokee. There as honest as it gets, priced right, and know what there doing. 152-06 Northern Blvd Flushing. Ask to see John or Pete and tell them Bobby sent ya.
Do they share that location with the Gulf gas station? And they have experience with jeeps specifically?
Unread 12-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #11
ArcticDude88
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt5oh View Post
Do they share that location with the Gulf gas station? And they have experience with jeeps specifically?
Yes thats them, and I wouldnt say they specifically work on jeeps but they know there stuff and are familiar with all types of cars and trucks. They had no problem working on my cherokee.
ArcticDude88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #12
gt5oh

Bump anyone else got any good recommendations
Unread 03-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #13
stwilson74

2005 LJ Wrangler 

If you were out on the Island I would say Planet Automotive in Patchogue, John is heavily involved in the local regional forum and is always willing to give advice and is honest. At any given time the guy has 6 or 7 Jeeps that he owns so ya, definitely has Jeep experience.
"Betsy" 2005 Unlimited Rubicon Sahara Edition #603 of 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer_tat View Post
I like having my panties in a wad though, because when I get DW they rub me in just the right way! :D Wadded panties plus DW equals Jeepgasm! :D :kiss:
stwilson74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 12:10 AM   #14
gt5oh

Anyone know closer in astoria/long island city area?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.