Jeep Liberty steering - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Jeep Liberty steering

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-30-2013, 02:32 PM   #1
HarryBurleigh
2003 KK Liberty 

Jeep Liberty steering

Jeep Liberty 2003, 4x4, V6 3.7, red, chrome mags with 235/65R
My wife's vehicle and she loves it - 4x4 has "never" been used! http://www.jeepforum.com/ubb/quickki...QrdEVxeE7J.gif
Retired and bought an RV, set up jeep for straight towing.

The RV sways and drifts when towing jeep. Got a steering stabilizer for RV and will put it on when I receive it. Jeep liberty has rack and pinion so it will not take a steering stabilizer.

-- Is there anything that can be done to tighten up the Jeep steering? other than smaller stock wheels/tires

and now that I am driving it and filling it up...it's gas mileage stinks - but it is fun to drive!!

Thx Harry

HarryBurleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 06:28 PM   #2
Skipper6413
2011 KK Liberty 

Sir, your Jeep is the KJ version, not the KK. I would copy paste over to the KJ forum for better feedback. But I own one of each, so if it were me, I would start with replacing ball joints and sway bar bushings. Inspect your tie rod ends as well. Inspect for leaks while you are down there on your steering as well. If you just picked it up, I would redo all services as well to include axles, transfer case tranny etc as well. Normally a good overhaul service done correctly will boost your mpg a few points but you will never see anything awesome. Its part of owning a Jeep and having the flexibility a Jeep provides.
Skipper6413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
Skipper6413
2011 KK Liberty 

Just out of curiosity, you are putting the transfer case in neutral before towing it, right?
Skipper6413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #4
RKK
2012 KK Liberty 

Gear shifter in park, transfer case in neutral , i think.
RKK is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.