Jeep liberty to go in 2013 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Jeep liberty to go in 2013

December Specials at Jeephut.comROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kits

Unread 04-25-2011, 08:31 PM   #1
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Jeep liberty to go in 2013

After reading what fiat boss sergio chacka lacka said about the Liberty and commander, we will bid the liberty farewell.... , I am keeping my liberty.

Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne Slams Jeep Commanderand Liberty In Quote

Most executives working in the automotive industry are quick to back up their company, stating that the cars they produce are wonderful and that gold and fresh oxygen spew out of their exhaust pipes. There are a select, however, that say what is on their mind, be it good or bad, and those are the ones that we truly love. Former General Motors big guy Bob Lutz was one of these outspoken men and now, it seems we have a new guy joining the party,

Chrysler’s Sergio Marchionne.
sergio-20marchionne.jpg

Jeep had a run of bland vehicles and this is simply a fact that the biggest Jeep lovers are going to have to live with. The small Liberty sold quite well and it was one of the vehicles that helped bring new customers into the Jeep brand. Sadly, after buying one it would be hard to want to venture further into their product line.

The same can’t be said of the Compass, which wasn’t fun to drive and required discounts beyond imagination to sell units. Then comes the Commander, Jeep’s attempt to create a seven-seat boxy vehicle to run along side the Grand Cherokee. While it was hit early, many realized their mistake and sales plummeted.

It seems we aren’t the only ones who feel this way, as Marchionne’s newest quote includes some harsh words for the large gas-guzzling machine in an article on Automotive News.

“That car was unfit for human consumption,” Marchionne said of the Commander. “We sold some. But I don’t know why people bought them.”

These are some harsh words from the big man leading Chrysler, but it’s something that needed to be said. Those that attempted to defend Chrysler’s past exploits were fooling themselves. Marchionne is stating the obvious and it shows that things are changing for the better within the company. The chances of another Commander type flop are slim now that he is in charge

Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2011, 09:42 PM   #2
DallastheJeeper

2006 LJ Wrangler 

This guy looks like a ******
|____________________/||__/----|
|(@)(@)"""""""""""|(@) (@)***|(@)

#5-06 Salvage Rebuild LJ
Metalcloak Bumper, Overline fenders and Corner guards.
3.5" Sus Lift
1'' Body lift and engine lift

#4-98 TJ Sahara RIP :(
#3-42 GPW Project. Currently on hold Sand blasted the body and it was held together by screen and bondo so new Tub needed
#2-88 Comanche Currently getting a frame off rebuild and a 4bt.
#1-1994 Power Wheels Wrangler
DallastheJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

absolutely!!!! The commander, patriot and compass never got a fair shake and when the next president is sworn in, the liberty or patriot will be gone.... F sergio
Unread 04-26-2011, 08:33 PM   #4
alex725
2009 XK Commander 

They would be stupid to kill the Liberty now, IMO the Liberty is just now starting to get its own following and gaining a customer base of people who want a Jeep to haul the family around in comfort but cant afford the grand cherokee or dont want something as big. If they put a new engine and trans in it and made it a little more aerodynamic it could be getting great MPG and be a great seller. The commander I can see why it didnt sell well, while I loved it, the space just wasnt there for the people it was intended for. It was also a little too boxy for most people's tastes. I loved driving one when I had to opportunity to drive a HEMI Limited for a week.

Last edited by Elt31987; 04-27-2011 at 10:16 AM.. Reason: The language isnt needed.
alex725 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2011, 08:32 AM   #5
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex725 View Post
They would be stupid to kill the Liberty now, IMO the Liberty is just now starting to get its own following and gaining a customer base of people who want a Jeep to haul the family around in comfort but cant afford the grand cherokee or dont want something as big. If they put a new engine and trans in it and made it a little more aerodynamic it could be getting great MPG and be a great seller. The commander I can see why it didnt sell well, while I loved it, the space just wasnt there for the people it was intended for. It was also a little too boxy for most people's tastes. I loved driving one when I had to opportunity to drive a HEMI Limited for a week.
They put the pentastar V6 in the wrangler and cherokee for 2011 and 2012. that is a precursor for the final song of the liberty.

I will keep my Libby and pass it on to my son.
Unread 04-27-2011, 03:34 PM   #6
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

I haven't seen fiat's bank account, but they have money to keep them afloat and buy more failing auto companies.

fiat boss sergio rama lama ding dong marchione, bought a black $386,000 ferrari and ordered a white one for his 8 car garage in italy.
when he is in america, does he drive a chrysler car?

Fiat Boss Says Ferrari worth $7.3 Billion, Targets 8,000 Sales Per Annum

By Viknesh Vijayenthiran Editor April 27th, 2011
There were rumblings late last year that Fiat may sell off part of its stake in Ferrari to help raise cash to fund its merger with Chrysler, with the famous sports car manufacturer from Maranello at the time being valued at around $3.3 billion.

Speaking recently to an investment group keen to see the sale of Ferrari, along with a possible initial public offering (IPO), Marchionne said that Ferrari was worth at least $7.3 billion. This is about $3 billion more than what analysts believe Ferrari is worth and close to 63 percent of Fiat's entire market value.

Ferrari, after all, is the Italian auto giant’s most profitable unit, earning some $443 million last year on the back of revenues of more than $2.8 billion. What’s more, Marchionne explains that Ferrari is “sacred” and that this adds a certain value that is immeasurable.

In addition to this, Ferrari is targeting sales of more than 8,000 cars per year within the next eight years, a substantial jump from the 6,573 cars sold last year and the 6,800-7,000 predicted for 2011. The key reason is growth in emerging markets such as China, India and Latin America.

Despite Ferrari being such a valuable asset, investment groups are pitching Marchionne to sell it in order to enable Fiat to reduce its debt and improve its credit rating. For now, there are no plans to sell the brand, Marchionne explains, as Fiat has sufficient cash on hand.

Marchionne, incidentally, has just ordered a brand new Ferrari FF in white to join his black Enzo (pictured below) that he recently showed off in front of media.

ferrari-california_100346435_m.jpg

ferrari-california_100346434_m.jpg

Tags: Industry, Supercars, Sergio Marchionne, IPO, Ferrari IPO

Posted in: Ferrari, News

Users who read this also read

2012 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 Preview
MotorAuthority.c
Unread 04-27-2011, 03:45 PM   #7
DallastheJeeper

2006 LJ Wrangler 

That car is ugly as sin!! As for Marchionne he is a Tool
|____________________/||__/----|
|(@)(@)"""""""""""|(@) (@)***|(@)

#5-06 Salvage Rebuild LJ
Metalcloak Bumper, Overline fenders and Corner guards.
3.5" Sus Lift
1'' Body lift and engine lift

#4-98 TJ Sahara RIP :(
#3-42 GPW Project. Currently on hold Sand blasted the body and it was held together by screen and bondo so new Tub needed
#2-88 Comanche Currently getting a frame off rebuild and a 4bt.
#1-1994 Power Wheels Wrangler
DallastheJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2011, 03:57 PM   #8
blkfreedom03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

So does this mean that the Cherokee nameplate is also going to be laid to rest?

The rest of the world knows the Liberty as the Cherokee still, right? I'm not sure on that one.

Black Jeep Society
blkfreedom03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2011, 08:33 PM   #9
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkfreedom03 View Post
So does this mean that the Cherokee nameplate is also going to be laid to rest?

The rest of the world knows the Liberty as the Cherokee still, right? I'm not sure on that one.
maybe they will keep the cherokee nameplate stateside.
Unread 04-27-2011, 08:55 PM   #10
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

The writing is on the wall ..... WTF are they doing with the Jeep Brand

April 26th, 2011

The first new Alfa Romeo to lead the brand's return to the United States will be the 4C, the stunning little coupe unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show. Not far behind it, another Alfa will come, and it will be its near-opposite: a Jeep-based SUV.

We've heard of a brewing Alfa-Jeep concoction since last year, but a recent report citing Italian newspapers has pointed to Fiat/Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne's own statements on the matter, which confirm the SUV.

The Alfa versions of the vehicle--possibly based on the Grand Cherokee, which itself shares much with the Mercedes-Benz ML-Class--will be built in Italy. It's not clear whether that will apply for all Alfa SUVs, or just for the ones sold outside the U.S. There have been no rumors of construction of an Alfa SUV alongside the Grand Cherokee here in North America, but with today's economics of transport in play, it makes more sense than shipping them halfway across the world.

The question then becomes, will a Jeep-based Alfa make sense here? Will SUV buyers look past its Italian styling and name to the solid Grand Cherokee foundations? And will an added dose of luxury and style find a niche in the U.S.?

We'll have to see how the market shakes out, but between the 4C, the SUV, and possible additions of MiTo, Giulietta, and Giulia, Alfa could soon have a broad product line in the U.S., though a very disparate one. Whether that will be conducive to sending a coherent brand image is yet another question to be answered.

What are your thoughts? Would you pick a reasonably priced, if somewhat more expensive, yet more luxurious, stylish, and Alfa-badged SUV over its Jeep (or Dodge) counterpart? Do you care if the SUV comes or not, as long as the 4C is available? Would an SUV in the brand make you rethink a 4C purchase?
alfa-romeo_100342326_m.jpg   alfa-romeo_100342331_l.jpg   alfa-romeo_100342333_m.jpg   alfa-romeo_100342338_m.jpg  
Unread 04-27-2011, 10:07 PM   #11
alex725
2009 XK Commander 

Looks like if you want anything remotely similar to the Liberty in the looks dept your gonna have to go Ford Escape....unless they make that all girly and ****.

Guess Ill be getting the Edge Sport as my next vehicle.
Unread 04-27-2011, 11:54 PM   #12
RB145
2014 WK 

The compass and patroit should never have been put into the jeep brand. These are not Jeeps they are cars. I had a Jeep Compass loaner once and it was crap. I could not stand driving it that transmission they use in it is very annoying and the whole interior was just a buch of cheap plastic. They should stop making these two now. As far as the Liberty it was my understanding it would be all new in 2013 on the D segment platform and they would stop making the Dodge Nitro at that time. Maybe this has changed but that is what I had read somewhere.
RB145 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2011, 08:50 PM   #13
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex725 View Post
Looks like if you want anything remotely similar to the Liberty in the looks dept your gonna have to go Ford Escape....unless they make that all girly and ****.

Guess Ill be getting the Edge Sport as my next vehicle.
I saw a chromed out edge and it looks pretty cool.... but only AWD available.
Unread 05-07-2011, 09:04 PM   #14
alex725
2009 XK Commander 

Awd is really fine for me. I like the Edge sport with the 22inch chrome & black rims.

I drove an awd lincoln mkz for work the other day and I actually really liked it and was pretty fun to drive for what it is. With my discounts I might be leaning toward getting one soon.
Unread 05-07-2011, 09:15 PM   #15
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

nothings certain yet.... but this maybe the liberty replacement..... too small for my taste and lack sufficient off road torque

New 2013 Jeep On The Horizon

Pint Sized

From the April, 2011 issue of Jp

By Pete Trasborg

Photography by Courtesy of Fiat
154_1104_01_o-154_1104_new_2013_jeep_on_the_horizon-rendered_jeep.jpg

We have a lot of contacts inside Jeep and hear a lot of different rumors from week to week. The problem is that most of it doesn't amount to much more than water cooler chat overheard and passed along. Many of the rumors fall into the "too good or too far-fetched to be true" categories and we just dismiss them out of hand. The ones that don't fit either of those categories and come from a trusted source you will often see pop up as blurbs in our Dispatch section. Every once in a while we get something from multiple sources that point to something changing. Take the Pentastar engine for 2012, for example. We first heard and printed that one two years ago. Or the new interior for 2011-we'd heard about that one a while ago too, but frankly, we didn't think it would amount to much until we saw the pictures.

Well, here is another one we are hearing from many sources: Jeep will actually come out with a Panda-based 4WD here in the states for 2013.
154_1104_02_o-154_1104_new_2013_jeep_on_the_horizon-fiat_suv.jpg

The name is still being kept under wraps (if in fact anyone knows what it is), but what we do know is that it will be smaller than the Wrangler. For comparison, the current Panda has a 90-inch wheelbase, is 62 inches wide, and 139 inches overall length-so it would be comparable to a CJ-5 in size.

Jeep knows that the American buying public wants big engines. Unfortunately, "big" to us, and "big" for most European companies are two different things. For example, the two biggest engines available are a 1.4L, 99hp, 16-valve inline-four and a 1.3L diesel producing 103hp and 123lb-ft (although we aren't holding our breath for the diesel in North America). These numbers sounded pretty paltry to us until we realized that the thing only weighs 1,900 pounds, which puts the power-to-weight ratio right around the current Wrangler. For comparison, the CJ-2A weighed in at 2,137 pounds and was pushed along by a 60hp engine. Both engines are backed by a six-speed manual transmission.

So now you are sitting there with us re-hashing what you've already heard us yapping about. The news is here: what we hear is there are going to be some pretty comprehensive cosmetic changes. While our insiders refused to send us the pictures, they all sang some version of the same tune. It will have bigger wheelwells, Rubicon-like rims, the seven-slat grille, and it will be open-topped. None of our contacts have seen even renderings with a top on it. Could we really be getting a Jeep where a top is an option again?

We went scouring the web and came up with an open-top Fiat concept from a few years ago and we figured that must be similar to what we were talking about, but when we put it to our sources they all clammed up. They are trying to get this new Jeep to our market for 2013, if they can get the engine packages past CAFE and EPA. We worked with our crack renderer Michael Gagosian to come up with what we think this new Jeep will look like when it finally gets here.

Our opinion? Well, leave it to Jeep to take a good idea (smaller open top Jeep true to the brand heritage) and bastardize it (independent suspension, no real tire size availability, no likely locker or gearing options) to make yet another eunuch of a vehicle. The company took Babe Ruth, put him up to bat, and then the bean counters forced him to bunt. Who wants to see that? We still like the idea, but it will probably take a company with less bean counter oversight to pull it off. Oh well, we still have our Jeeps from when Jeeps were Jeeps, men were men, and sheep were scared. We'll just make them go another 50 years.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.