Jeep liberty Bra pro's and Con's Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Jeep liberty Bra pro's and Con's Question

Rugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped OGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadOconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!

Unread 06-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #1
SarOpsSix
2011 KK Liberty 

Jeep liberty Bra pro's and Con's Question

I'm looking to get a Bra for my jeep liberty 2011 Since you dont get to do a whole lot to this things wanted to make it look different. Any one has one and what are the pros and cons on this besides if it rains dont leave it on lol ya right. Any feedback would be great thanks.

SarOpsSix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #2
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Biggest downside I've witnessed is that dust gets underneath it and gets trapped in the fuzzy lining and acts forever more as sandpaper and it scuffs your clearcoat.
Not recommended.
Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #3
CBRDude

Also if it rains alot and the bra stays on the paint the paint gets cloudy! More noticable on dark colors than light colors. If it were me I'd go the route of that clear stick on plastic if you're worried about paint chips, ect... The bra went out of style long ago.
CBRDude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #4
Skipper6413
2011 KK Liberty 

I have an 11 liberty and i got the full bra on it shortly after purchase. It cost a good bit at the time and it was to be removed prior to wash/rain which I complied with the first year. but i wash mine about once a week or two and diligently remove the bra and wash it along with the Jeep. I love the look and really have had zero issues. there is a tab on driver side lower under headlights that doesn't fit but not a big deal. i could just cut it off and would be just fine. I love it and it fits nice and snug with no wear or cloudy issues with diligent cleaning.

20130106_104350-1.jpg
Skipper6413 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #5
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Discolors paint
Moisture , dirt gets under them and creates scratches
would never have one after trying on on a Z-28 back in the day
Much better items out there any more
Unread 06-08-2013, 07:04 PM   #6
Fredjweb
2007 MK Compass 

I love the look but after a year of being lazy and leaving it on when I shouldn't it has done a number on the paint and hood decal. But..... I like the look so I'm not losing sleep over it. Just know that saying you'll be diligent and ACTUALLY putting the effort into it is two different things. These front end covers will make their mark in a very short time!
Fredjweb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #7
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

I got one too, it will wear down the paint, if I know I is going to rain I take it off
Unread 06-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #8
heiliges
2012 KK Liberty 

uhhmmmm Bras are for Girls just sayin
heiliges is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #9
Fredjweb
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by heiliges View Post
uhhmmmm Bras are for Girls just sayin
That's why I call'em a "front end cover". I keep that stuff in the closet where it belongs :-p
Fredjweb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.