Jeep Electric Vehicle - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Jeep Electric Vehicle

50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.cFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com

Unread 11-28-2010, 04:49 PM   #16
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex725 View Post
If they bring these out..sign me up for the lease because Im in! I do about 50 miles a day so I would fill up maybe once a month on it? I could do the volt but Im not driving one of those..Ill take the Jeep!
I am for it too. I would buy or lease one. I think You should get a monthly discount or rebate on electricity for purchasing an electric car.

Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2010, 05:09 PM   #17
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
Not to mention, the inital cost of ownership the tech brings, and the resale value afterward shoots down because of software, batteries, and other electronic appliance woes.

Granted, you can get all kinds of "rebates" from the .gov, if you make enough to qualify, and if you like suckling at that teat.

My take: Cool tech, but develop it more till you can get the energy efficency of a gallon of gas.
lol... yep, by 2015 every car manufacturer that sells a vehicle in america MUST have an electric or hybrid in its line up. chevy and ford have a hybrid for sale. porsche raced one in europe
Unread 11-28-2010, 05:27 PM   #18
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussler View Post
Cool computer screen, Batman.

As long as there are going to be Jeeps in the future, I have no problem with them being electric.
Cool buildup of that cherokee....

lee iacocca once said that the caravan, k cars and jeeps are chrysler best sellers combine. bob lutz, ex ceo of chysler in 2008 said as long as there are off roads, chrysler will build jeeps. but since fiat owns a percentage of chrysler, they may keep building it
Unread 11-28-2010, 05:49 PM   #19
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

A company called Bright idea, took a liberty and convert it to electric and named it ecopia..... may not make it to production.
ecopia.jpg   bright.jpg   caliber.jpg   idea.jpg  
Unread 11-28-2010, 07:56 PM   #20
alex725
2009 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRliBerty View Post
I am for it too. I would buy or lease one. I think You should get a monthly discount or rebate on electricity for purchasing an electric car.
I would rather do the lease..just because this tech is way to new for me to trust fully to buy. After 3 years chrysler can have it back and the tech should hopefully be better by then.
alex725 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2010, 06:28 PM   #21
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Doug Parks, vehicle line executive for the 2011 Chevrolet Volt, GM's range-extended electric vehicle, confirmed Tuesday that the company loses money on every Volt it sells.

So it is with the Volt. The expensive 16-kilowatt-hour battery pack, which likely costs GM somewhere between $8,000 and $12,000, is clearly too expensive to let the company build hundreds of thousands of Volts right away.

The price of consumer lithium-ion cells has fallen 6 to 8 percent annually since their 1989 launch; the large-format cells in automotive packs seem likely to follow the same curve.

So by 2020, those packs will cost half what they do today at will make series hybrids like the Volt more cost-competitive, especially if you make the reasonable assumption that gasoline prices will rise versus today's level.

GM plans to chip away incrementally to lower the costs of the specialized components in the Volt, especially the power electronic.

Listening to certain analysts, commentators, and weepy right-wing radio hosts, though, you might get a different idea.

Some clearly don't understand how the auto industry works, nor do they fact-check even their most basic assertions. Rush Limbaugh, for instance, was recently taken to task by Motor Trend for his comments on the Volt.

Among them was the claim (roughly paraphrased) that The Gummint forced GM to spend tens of billions of dollars on A Car That No One Wants. The proof? GM HAS NOT SOLD A SINGLE VOLT !!!

Well, yes. That's because the Volt hasn't actually gone on sale. That happens this month, and many dealers report they could sell far more Volts than they've been allocated.

Just 10,000 Volts will be built in 2011
2011-chevrolet-volt_100327305_l.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.