JBA 2.5 lift - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > JBA 2.5 lift

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 01-05-2013, 04:47 PM   #16
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

8 hours
Come on now must of had a lot of beer breaks or something didn't you?
Lift and new UCAs should be half that time
If you're talking about front sway bar links not needed with 2.5 inches of lift
Did you tighten everything after it was on the ground ? If not need to redo

Send your CAI back since it does nothing

Unread 01-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #17
27tubguy
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxer524 View Post
You were pretty quick to catch the mod bug!

A word of advice though, none of this has happened until pics are shown lol

With that said, pics or it didn't happen
Ive modified everything Ive ever owned, my first jeep, looked at an 09 ruby and was far too small for my agenda. the lib is perfect..well almost. but she will be in a bit.
My V twin
my saleen
my 93 cobra
94 f 250
Unread 01-06-2013, 06:33 AM   #18
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

I'm kind of disappointed in how the install sounds of have gone up to this point. Where used to be a link showing someone doing the front installation in 10 minutes or so. But, then I'm sure it wasn't his first installation.

I did watch one of the latest videos of the installation and it is/was almost detailed enough to make me think I wasn't intersted in going this route. The number of steps just to remove the battery tray was enough to make me rewatch just that step a few time. But, then that design was Jeeps, not JBA.

Keep updating us as you can.
Unread 01-06-2013, 06:35 AM   #19
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Its really very simple, its not that hard
People make it a hard job but its not
Unread 01-06-2013, 07:34 AM   #20
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27tubguy View Post
Ive modified everything Ive ever owned, my first jeep, looked at an 09 ruby and was far too small for my agenda. the lib is perfect..well almost. but she will be in a bit.
My V twin
my saleen
my 93 cobra
94 f 250
I don't blame you. I like my vehicles to stand out in some form. And the Jeep is coming along nicely, can't wait to see finished pics with the lift!
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #21
27tubguy
2008 KK Liberty 

lift is in

heres some pics of the a arms and lift kit
jeeplift2.jpg   jeeplift3.jpg   jeeplift4.jpg  
Unread 01-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #22
27tubguy
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
I'm kind of disappointed in how the install sounds of have gone up to this point. Where used to be a link showing someone doing the front installation in 10 minutes or so. But, then I'm sure it wasn't his first installation.

I did watch one of the latest videos of the installation and it is/was almost detailed enough to make me think I wasn't intersted in going this route. The number of steps just to remove the battery tray was enough to make me rewatch just that step a few time. But, then that design was Jeeps, not JBA.

Keep updating us as you can.
The battery box sucked!! but it all went back together perfectly, the front end is still straight even after moving the cam nuts on the lower A arms around. Nice ride. pretty happy with it.
Unread 01-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #23
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Why did you move the LCA bolts?
Not needed at all
Just extra work
if someone told you to do it that way they were way off and don't know how to do a lift the right way
Unread 01-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #24
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Were the front struts completely assembled when you received them for a direct bolt in application? On the test ride, how far did you go? How is the ride now in comparision with the factory stock suspension ride...about the same, smoother, rougher? I'm looking for all the feedback I can get before I jump either towards the JBA or the Rubicon JK. There are many things I really prefer the KK over the JK, but for a factory out of the box unit the JK Rubicon is a pretty much complete read to conquer the wild Jeep.
Unread 01-06-2013, 08:17 PM   #25
27tubguy
2008 KK Liberty 

Test Ride

Hey "Tom" first of all, Ive never ever installed a lift kit. Ok?? ya got it?
Second whoever told me to move the LCA was JBA its in thier instructions, as was telling me to install the upper control arms and then install the preassembled shock assembly. Ever try that?? no, well good because its the absolute most tedious and diffucult ethod there is. After the drivers side, I said F&%^ the instructions and simply took it apart and assembled it myself. It went well, the ride is nice the rear bilstiens fit very slpooy in upper shackle, because unlike stock rear shocks the bilstiens new in the box from JBA had only rubber for mounting, no, roller busher(made of steel) so I had to F*&^ with that. and the front shock assembly fit like S*&^ on the Lower A arm it came with a new bolt that had a shoulder on it. So instead of fitting snug(like stock) it has almost 5/8in of play on either side.
So I had to make my own bushing and use washers were needed. so It was not a custom high end bolt on kit(LIKE I WAS TOLD OR THOUGHT I BOUGHT)
And also when I signed up for this forum, I didnt realize it was for people that already knew EVERYTHING about everything to do with the KK, I thought it was like the forum on building bikes(like mine) or STREET machines(like mine). Any way the work I do on everything(thats how I afford high end ****) Is immaculate and to a tee. If you give me instructions whether or not they are correct,I will follow them to a tee.(even if they are FUBAR) but when I notice they make no sense I figure it out on my own. which is what I did. Being a master of all things must be very tiring,thats why I master what makes my living, everything else I take my time. Is that o.k.??
Unread 01-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #26
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

But its simple
Plus you have a vast amount of knowledge here
KJs are the exact same as the KKs so all you had to do was read
Sure I've done over 22 lifts here and helped with another 6 or 8
But its still common sense
I've had several people call me during install to help walk them through some of the installation they weren't sure about
I think you got confused as to what went where and when

Chill out was just trying to figure out why you made it a hard job when its simple
Unread 01-07-2013, 05:53 AM   #27
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

27tubguy:

I for one appreciate your doing this write up. Reading about it from the eyes of someone who is attempting to install a lift for his first time and by following the directions supplied. At some point before anyone has installed 20 plus lift kits there had to be a first...and this was yours.

I having read through the installation directions from JBA thought that they seemed maybe a little over written to the point of being confusing. Looks like I may have been correct. I am surprised that for the price that this lift cost that there was not a better quality control to make sure that all the parts IE: shock spacers were packaged and included in the box when shipped.

So now that you have your first installation out of the way, how long would you guess it would take to do the next install of the same lift now that you have that knowledge?

Do a little driving on it and come back and share your feelings as to if it is worth the cost and how different it is in the ride and drive.

Thanks
Unread 01-07-2013, 07:35 AM   #28
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
27tubguy:

At some point before anyone has installed 20 plus lift kits there had to be a first...

Thanks
Yep my first Liberty lift took 4.5 hours by myself.
Just been trying to say , lots of folks ask before hand if there are any tricks ( which there are and have been posted many times on LOSTJEEPS/ KJCOUNTRY etc
Unread 01-07-2013, 08:00 AM   #29
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
Yep my first Liberty lift took 4.5 hours by myself.
Just been trying to say , lots of folks ask before hand if there are any tricks ( which there are and have been posted many times on LOSTJEEPS/ KJCOUNTRY etc
I understand where your coming from. However sometimes in the moment of excitement it is easy to venture ahead throwing caution to the wind. The thrill of the journey is all part of the excursion if you will.

Think of it as a trip to a Haunted House, how much fun would it be if you knew everything that was ahead of you lying in wait.

An education was gained and an education gained was shared. It is alway nice to learn though the eyes of the inexperienced as well as the Pro.

Some of my most enjoyable moments in learning come through seeing life and answering questions from my Grandkids. I learn just how much I know and how much I have forgotten. And for the most part the greatest part of what I learned over the years was done with my mouth shut and my eyes open.
Unread 01-07-2013, 08:08 AM   #30
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

You are right to a point
BUT the OP came on complaining how long it took , being disappointed etc
So was just trying to point out that it is an easy lift to do compared to most anything else on the road, and to not scare away people with them thinking "Oh my gosh I could never install a lift on my Liberty, look at what this guy said"

But hey the dead horse has been through enough

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.