JBA 2.5 lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > JBA 2.5 lift

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesThe Retrofit Source / JW Speaker LED Headlight GROUP BUY!

Unread 01-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #1
27tubguy
2008 KK Liberty 

JBA 2.5 lift

10:20 A.M. and fed ex just delivered my JBA 2.5 lift kit the "silver" edition. Ive never installed a lift kit before. But Im really good with my extensive tool selection. and Ive borrowed my local mechanics gargage for the weekend. will keep you guys posted. and Im waiting on my bumper from Atthehlem, they should go together great. The Lib already has the RRO supersliders(I kno, I Kno) which Ill be welding extra supports too. I put the flowmaster cat back(looks mint) and RRO roof rails and garvin basket all last weekend. so this weekend the lift goes. will post before,during and afters.
Any useful insight will be appreciated. Pictures to follow.

Unread 01-02-2013, 11:06 AM   #2
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Well, how about a few photo of what you have gotten done up to date.....go ahead...tease us a little.

I will be very interested to see what your impression of the JBA set up is like, I think that will be one of next investments. I am not overly crazy about needing a lift for how I use my KK, but I would sure like a suspension that doesn't bottom out every time a run over a sucker stick or piece of gum in the roadway.
Unread 01-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #3
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

You were pretty quick to catch the mod bug!

A word of advice though, none of this has happened until pics are shown lol

With that said, pics or it didn't happen
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #4
AtTheHelm

Heres a write up on install
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...?f=104&t=41880
Any questions just email me Ritchie i've r&i'd my suspension like 6 times.
AtTheHelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 08:30 PM   #5
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Well, have you finished that install yet, I'm waiting on a report.
Unread 01-04-2013, 05:59 AM   #6
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Did you order any extra rear spacers to level out the natural rear end listing problem (where the Liberty always leans to one side).
Unread 01-04-2013, 07:48 AM   #7
27tubguy
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27tubguy View Post
Cant upload pictures opened a photobucket account and everything, can someone walk me thru, I am a paying memeber of this forum also. But I cant figure it out.
email me directions, as I dont check forum everyday. and as far as mods,thats my M.O. Ive built harleys,mustangs and f 250s .45 single,no kids..need I say more??
Unread 01-04-2013, 07:53 AM   #8
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Unread 01-04-2013, 08:01 AM   #9
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Pull up your photobucket page and click on the photo you want to post to make it large. The over to the side of the large photo click the link to copy the direct link, once you click on it, it will say copied. The back on the KK forum on you post where you want to place your photos go up to the little yellow picture link and click it, then paste your photobucket link. This should post your photo.

Sorry for the posted photo of my KK in your thread....but I had to remember how to post a photo before trying to explain it to you,
Unread 01-04-2013, 09:08 AM   #10
27tubguy
2008 KK Liberty 

trying to post a pic

trying again,

[IMG][/IMG]

Ive got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is before Bone stock 27k on the clock.
Unread 01-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #11
27tubguy
2008 KK Liberty 

before

this is with the flowmaster cat back installed RRo rails, garvin and supersliders
[IMG][/IMG]
Unread 01-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #12
27tubguy
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
JBA 2.5 silver is going in tommorow(hopefully) gotta bribe my local mechanic to use his garage, its quite cold out here and as you can see by my driveway theres no garage.
Unread 01-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #13
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
this is with the flowmaster cat back installed RRo rails, garvin and supersliders
[IMG][/IMG]
Wow that roof rack sure is up high enough
Unread 01-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #14
27tubguy
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
Wow that roof rack sure is up high enough
thinkin about flipping the mounts so it sits down and between the rails. was the last thing I did that day, so havent gotten to it......yet.
Unread 01-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #15
27tubguy
2008 KK Liberty 

here we go...........

just finished spending 8 hours on the lift kit, Im fairly dissapointed in the dorections that came with it, stopped using them and It went along well. the front shock assembly seems to leave a decent sice gap at the bottom mounting to the lower A arm. also for 2500. bucks no extended stabilizer links?? cause no my sway bar looks like ****. and the worst part about the entire install was getting the battery tray/fuse box out, and getting the second bolt to the upper A arm was a beayatch. but its done. tommorow the rear end and a cold air intake. will upload pics tommorow after the lift is done.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.