Interior Noises and Creaks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Interior Noises and Creaks

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 08-29-2012, 04:47 PM   #1
ViktorMax
2010 KK Liberty 

Interior Noises and Creaks

I have a 2010 KK (Renegade with Sky Slider) and I consistently hear some "plastic" sounding creaks. I feel like it is coming from the front/roof area... it happens when driving, even at very low speed, such as in the driveway or parking lot... it happens whether or not the Sky Slider is open or closed.

I am not sure if it is just the plastic housing of the Sky Slider in general, or if it is the windshield or something else... I'd really like to find out what the issue is, so I could at least have some peace of mind or get it resolved.

Has anyone experienced this issue, especially if you have a Sky Slider roof?

Thanks in advance.

ViktorMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2012, 12:02 PM   #2
ViktorMax
2010 KK Liberty 

I'm not sure what is above my headliner in my 2010 KK Renegade, but I have a creaking/rattle kind of sound in the front passenger side corner. I do have the Sky Slider roof, but I found out if I push down on the corner of the roof right next to the front right corner of the sky slider roof the noise is completely gone.

Note: The noise happens even when going as slow as backing down the driveway or hitting the smallest bumps (even when going very slow). It seems like it is a pressure thing as it makes noise even when shifting the weight of the vehicle.

I'm still under the 3yr/36K warranty, but my dealership is brain dead when it comes to this kind of thing and I feel like it could be a mistake if I let them rip down the headliner and try to fix it.

This feels like a dealbreaker to me because I don't feel this is normal. I wish I could take it back. Are there lemon laws against used vehicles that are still under the 3yr/36K ?
Unread 09-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #3
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

my driver seat creaks and its a 2012
Unread 09-19-2012, 06:03 AM   #4
Nafpu
2012 KK Liberty 

Driver's side seatbelt anchor bolt for me, as well as the little airbag badge just above my left ear on the B-pillar vibrating at any speed on certain road surfaces. I figured I'll just leave them for now...
Nafpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 06:59 AM   #5
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

Ahh, I remember the seatbelt bolt squeak. It's not the seat squeaking, it's the seatbelt buckle bolt.

Lube it!
Unread 09-19-2012, 07:31 AM   #6
Eagle112199
2008 KK Liberty 

My center console was lose and I had to LOCTight the screws down to keep them from coming lose: Two under the shifter plate (it pops right up) and two in the bottom of the armrest under the organizer tray. I have a regular moonroof so I cannot speak to the problems with a skyslider.
Unread 09-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #7
Nafpu
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlon_jbt View Post
Ahh, I remember the seatbelt bolt squeak. It's not the seat squeaking, it's the seatbelt buckle bolt.

Lube it!
I would, but I'm afraid that if I correct one issue another one will start, and I'll have to track that one down too!
Nafpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #8
ViktorMax
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlon_jbt

Lube it!
Yup, I have that too
Unread 09-20-2012, 02:13 AM   #9
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

Well since you're still under 3/36, just tell the dealer the seatbelt is squeaking. Mine knew exactly what was wrong.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.