Instrument warning lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Instrument warning lights

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #1
polecat123
2014 WK 

Instrument warning lights

I was driving home today and a chiming tone came on and the instrument lights all light up. Once this was over the traction control, ABS, ESP, Serv 4x4 lights stayed on. The serv 4x4 light has come on before but always goes away after turning the jeep off for a minute. The same thing happened today when I turned off the jeep.

So what should I look for as an issue besides the obvious fusses.

BTW - Jeep Info 2010 KK 4x4 w/ 37.5k miles.

TIA

polecat123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2013, 07:12 PM   #2
rescue575
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by polecat123 View Post
I was driving home today and a chiming tone came on and the instrument lights all light up. Once this was over the traction control, ABS, ESP, Serv 4x4 lights stayed on. The serv 4x4 light has come on before but always goes away after turning the jeep off for a minute. The same thing happened today when I turned off the jeep.

So what should I look for as an issue besides the obvious fusses.

BTW - Jeep Info 2010 KK 4x4 w/ 37.5k miles.

TIA

I had a very similar issue with my '07 grand Cherokee. Had several occasions when that happened then would correct itself after a while. Finally when I was driving at night in PA, happened again, then everything just shut off. Only electrical components that were functioning where headlights and tail lights thank god considering it was midnite.

Got it home, ran it up to dealership next morning. They told me, and if I'm remembering correctly, the ignition control module went. Told me he was surprised the engine didn't cut off while I was driving.
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #3
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Another thing you could do is disconnect the positive battery cable for about a minute - maybe give your Lib a kind of reset. If the same thing happens again I would take it to the "stealer" let them evaluate and then take it to a trusted mechanic and have him/her make the repair.
Unread 04-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #4
polecat123
2014 WK 

Found to be a bad ABS speed sensor and damaged wiring harness to this sensor. Replaced both and all is well in the world again.
Unread 04-05-2013, 05:05 PM   #5
BillyP

Thanks for posting up the outcome.
BillyP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2013, 05:18 PM   #6
polecat123
2014 WK 

Strange that the wiring harness was damaged also. The heat shield that is above the cat was torn and that had to be replaced earlier in 2012. Don't remember running over anything but something tore up the bottom of my Jeep.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.