Inquiry on installing far back seats. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Inquiry on installing far back seats.

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-30-2014, 11:54 AM   #1
Zambonie
2012 KK Liberty 

Inquiry on installing far back seats.

More frequently than not, I seem to always have that 1 extra person that won't fit in my '12 KK.

I was just wondering if anyone has installed a seat for the far back. I was thinking of modding it to have a fold down seat similar to some of the smaller cabs in trucks or just a full out removable seat that latches in.

Just was trying to decide if having a rear facing seat or a side facing seat. I am pretty crafty at creating a presentable seat myself, but if there is a kit out there that I don't know or if someone else has something similar installed, I'd rather go that route.

Any insight would be helpful.

Zambonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2014, 12:46 PM   #2
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

I haven't heard of anyone doing this before with the KK. You could check out how it works in the Jeep Commander. As I recall, it had an available 3rd row seat.
Unread 06-30-2014, 02:03 PM   #3
Zambonie
2012 KK Liberty 

I did speculate on this, however without physically inspecting the installation, it's difficult to gauge what kind of modification is needed to make it fit.

I also found a 3rd party that offered seats for the KJ (pictured below) that looks like it might be better choice for trying to modify.

Zambonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2014, 03:21 PM   #4
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhoward View Post
I haven't heard of anyone doing this before with the KK. You could check out how it works in the Jeep Commander. As I recall, it had an available 3rd row seat.
Yep, Commanders have the 3rd row. Not much room in it though, nor behind it unless you folded them down...

As for our KK, you'll be the first. Sideways might get you the most room, but you'll probably only get one seat. I'd measure height clearances for everything first to even see if it would fit someone.
Unread 06-30-2014, 04:47 PM   #5
avatr
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zambonie View Post
I did speculate on this, however without physically inspecting the installation, it's difficult to gauge what kind of modification is needed to make it fit.

I also found a 3rd party that offered seats for the KJ (pictured below) that looks like it might be better choice for trying to modify.

use 2. kinda reminds me of my old Ford wagon that has twin facing rear seats.
avatr is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.