info on wheels, tires, spacers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > info on wheels, tires, spacers

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955RCV Axles at CCOR15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 12-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
Psilvet063
2010 KK Liberty 

info on wheels, tires, spacers

New to the forum here and have a few questions. I own a 10 Liberty Sport, as of right now it has a 235/70/16 tire and stock rims. Love the jeep but hate thr stance width. Now i know this has been asked a few times but i just want to be clear. I dont really want to go up but i wojld like to widen the stance, maybe replace the wheel witb something inexspensive such as the black AR rims and maybe put a nice AT on it. I would like for tires to come out to at least thr fender. Any suvvesgions, not looking to do a whole lot of trails. Somethimg basic if i decided to go another way than i.wil at that time. Let me know.

Psilvet063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
Wearyman
2008 KK Liberty 

if you widen the stance with spacers or a much wider tire you will get nasty wheel rub when turning. You could go up to a 245/70/r16 tire, but even that will rub under full turning lock.

I suppose if you don't want a lift you could try and get your hands on some Liberty Jet rims and tires. Those are wider, but a bit smaller to accomodate the extra width. that might give you the look you want.

Your best bet is still a proper spring lift kit like an OME or JBA kit and then some 245/75/16 or larger tires. I think the OME will allow up to a 255/75/16, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Positive it will allow a 255/70/16 though.

We really do get this question alot. As someone else said, we need a sticky with a tire sizing chart and advice on it.
Wearyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #3
Psilvet063
2010 KK Liberty 

Thanks for the reply. That stinks, dont have the funds for suspension lift but would like to do something. Hmm
Psilvet063 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.