I need another Sentry key? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > I need another Sentry key?

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 12-23-2010, 08:37 AM   #1
jeffinabiquiu
2010 KK Liberty 

I need another Sentry key?

Hello- I purchased my used 2010 Jeep Liberty with only 1 sentry key.
I went to the dealer yesterday and they quoted me $185 for a new key and $80 to program it. This seems like highway robbery to obtain another key.
It has the remote built in and not the type with a starting feature.
The dealer said the ones online won't work! I can't believe this.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!
Jeff
Abiquiu, New Mexico
Vacation Home Website- http://www.abiquiu.net

jeffinabiquiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2010, 04:53 PM   #2
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

They won't work if they have previously been used. So as long as you find a new one, you'll be okay. You're still stuck with paying them to program the key.
Unread 12-27-2010, 07:23 PM   #3
Dave_B
2008 KK Liberty 

Once you get a second key made you can program additional ones yourself. Details in the manual. EBay will have new keys, I purchased a new key uncut with the remote for $10. Just watch the code on the remote if you purchase one, make sure it matches your original.

Dave

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.