I feel stupid - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > I feel stupid

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 07-11-2013, 07:53 AM   #1
xDefiant
2008 KK Liberty 

I feel stupid

So I decided to get a brush guard for the libby and thought I would take a chance and look on eBay...now before you stop reading and just assume I am stupid, hear me out.
I looked at a few different options before turning to eBay and every other online store wanted to charge me $150 for shipping.
So I looked on eBay and found a few products that were priced well and had FREE shipping. I ended up purchasing a brush guard from a eBay store called Chromeking...(remember that name).

So a few days go by and the product is said to have been shipped. 4 days from when I made the purchase I get a phone call, from this company asking what model year my libby is. I tell them and ask 'why are you asking me this? Hasn't the part already shipped?' They tell me it hasn't shipped and that they needed to see what year I had...well, now im a little upset because they lied to me about when they had originally shipped the item.

So, 3 or 4 more days go by and I receive a box that will in no way fit a 'One Piece Brush guard'. I open it up and inside is a brush guard for a libby model year 2002-2007.

I call this **** *** place and they argue with me, telling me that they sent out the right part (keep in mind I don't think they really knew english).
So I finally get to talk to a manager and she assures me that the correct part will be overnighted to me in the morning and that they could no longer speak to me because they were closing for the night.
So I hang up and anxiously await the arrival of my correct part. 2PM rolls around the next day and I get a phone call from Chromeking. "The part you want is back ordered" WELL THEN WHY THE HELL IS IT LISTED ON EBAY AS IN STOCK WITH 5 REMAINING?"
I demand a full refund and the manager seems to be apologetic and said I should receive a full refund withing 24-48 hours. She also mentions that I will be getting a shipping slip to send the wrong part back.
So now I wait...24 hours...48 hours...no refund, no shipping label. So I call ONCE AGAIN!
I ask for the manager but she is out of the office (by office im sure they mean shes in the kitchen of the studio apartment they run this **** business out of, feeding her face). So I calmly ask for her to call me back.
20 min later I am called by 'the owner' of chromeking. This guy is a complete dick and says that he wont refund me until he get the wrong part back into his possession. He refuses to do anything more for me because I gave the company negative feedback...He also says 'I am already shipping the wrong item back for you, so I am helping you out'...

So moral of the story is don't buy **** on eBay that costs over $100 and spend the money and buy parts from a real business.

***ALSO DO NOT USE THIS SELLER FOR ANYTHING***
http://myworld.ebay.com/chromekingus...84.m1497.l2754

xDefiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 07:58 AM   #2
fang_x
1998 TJ Wrangler 

file a dispute with paypal, dont deal with the seller if they are going to act like this. Let paypal contact them
fang_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #3
BenHoleton
2008 KK Liberty 

Also file with eBay. And if it came out of your credit card through pay pal, call them.
BenHoleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #4
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Why you never buy junk from fleabay,just all a scam 99% of the time anyways.
Unread 07-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #5
AtTheHelm

Generally you get what you pay for. Including the service from the vendor.
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #6
taylorgrandorf
2008 KK Liberty 

I just installed a bull bar from CarID yesterday. Not sure if you want the full-on brush guard with the headlight grill, but this might work for you. http://www.carid.com/2012-jeep-liber...ar-866439.html
liberty.jpg  
taylorgrandorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #7
xDefiant
2008 KK Liberty 

I actually ended up making my purchase from CarID.com as well. I got the full brush guard
xDefiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #8
Dewphy
2009 KK Liberty 

Like others have stated already, immediately file a dispute claim with paypal and ebay. Dont waste anymore time with the seller, you have contacted them multiple times without any actions taken to help you. You've done everything you need to do before filing a claim.
Dewphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 07:35 PM   #9
codyjames
2008 JK Wrangler 

The owner doesn't seem that unreasonable. Yes he sent you the wrong part but if he refunds your 350 and you never send back the brush guard he has no way of recouping that money.
Unread 07-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #10
heiliges
2012 KK Liberty 

can you take a pic of the mounting of that please?
heiliges is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #11
taylorgrandorf
2008 KK Liberty 

It's not a great picture, but it might help. Basically there a piece of metal that slides inside of the metal crossbar, and the J shaped bracket bolts into that.
bullbar-mount.jpg

taylorgrandorf is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.