Hypertech!!!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Hypertech!!!!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 07-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #16
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

I had 4WD Hardware install G2's and Detroit Truetracs in both axles. Make sure that whoever puts them in properly sets the pinion. There is question as to weather or not mine were installed correctly. I have a lot of whine coming out of the diffs. The thing is darn near unstoppable now though. Hypertech is next on the list. RL should have my Gecko rack soon

2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Ted15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #17
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid

Awesome! I was always curious how the Hypertech would act with the gears. How have the mpgs been with the gears?
No hypertech yet but soon :-)
With just the gears and DTT the performance is100% better.
2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Unread 07-05-2013, 08:17 PM   #18
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15 View Post
No hypertech yet but soon :-)
With just the gears and DTT the performance is100% better.
It'll help pay for those gears in no time!
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 09:49 PM   #19
myfirstjeep1

I am assuming you changed the final gear ratio? What is stock, and what would you accomplish if you changed to the 4.10? Very eager to know.
myfirstjeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 10:06 PM   #20
shawnicles
2008 KK Liberty 

Hey where did you buy the gears and the limited slip truetracs? Have a website?
shawnicles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 03:35 AM   #21
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirstjeep1
I am assuming you changed the final gear ratio? What is stock, and what would you accomplish if you changed to the 4.10? Very eager to know.
Yep. The ring and pinion was changed from 3.73 to 4.10. This was done because I put larger tires on. I lost a lot of power when I did that and it made it run like crap, especially while towing our pop up camper. It runs great now.
Unread 07-06-2013, 03:36 AM   #22
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnicles
Hey where did you buy the gears and the limited slip truetracs? Have a website?
I got everything from 4WD Hardware, they did the install too.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.