Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Hypertech!!!!

2K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  Ted15 
#1 ·
Will let everyone know results! All that I have is custom exhaust.

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
Has anyone regeared along with the hypertech? My performance has drastically increased with 4.10's and 245/75-16 tires.

#13 ·
I am looking for a site to get the 4.10's

They are the different gear ratio's you can get for your jeep, stock it usually comes with 3.73 or even a little lower.

Where did you buy yours?

I bought my hypertec and I am picking it up in Montana tomorrow. Short 3 hour drive. I should take my laptop with me and program it before I drive back.

#14 ·
I am looking for a site to get the 4.10's

They are the different gear ratio's you can get for your jeep, stock it usually comes with 3.73 or even a little lower.

Where did you buy yours?

I bought my hypertec and I am picking it up in Montana tomorrow. Short 3 hour drive. I should take my laptop with me and program it before I drive back.

#16 ·
I had 4WD Hardware install G2's and Detroit Truetracs in both axles. Make sure that whoever puts them in properly sets the pinion. There is question as to weather or not mine were installed correctly. I have a lot of whine coming out of the diffs. The thing is darn near unstoppable now though. Hypertech is next on the list. RL should have my Gecko rack soon

#17 ·
Gageraid said:
Awesome! I was always curious how the Hypertech would act with the gears. How have the mpgs been with the gears?
No hypertech yet but soon :)
With just the gears and DTT the performance is100% better.

#21 ·
myfirstjeep1 said:
I am assuming you changed the final gear ratio? What is stock, and what would you accomplish if you changed to the 4.10? Very eager to know.
Yep. The ring and pinion was changed from 3.73 to 4.10. This was done because I put larger tires on. I lost a lot of power when I did that and it made it run like crap, especially while towing our pop up camper. It runs great now.

#22 ·
shawnicles said:
Hey where did you buy the gears and the limited slip truetracs? Have a website?
I got everything from 4WD Hardware, they did the install too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.