How to run VIN to see what options actually came with vehicle. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > How to run VIN to see what options actually came with vehicle.

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor Day Sale!

Unread 09-22-2013, 05:43 PM   #1
Steve40th

How to run VIN to see what options actually came with vehicle.

I am trying to find out if my 2012 Liberty Latitude came with the towing package transmission cooler. I dont have the white plastic auxiliary fan attached to water pump. I do have a small radiator behind bumper, but it looks like it may be the power steering cooler.
I was looking at it the best I can without light tonight, and since it was my wife that bought it used, she was told it had the Tow Package. I dont see any codes, etc that may suggest it.
Any help would be great.
Thanks.

Steve40th is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 05:50 PM   #2
brunolambert
2008 KK Liberty 

I used http://www.compnine.com/vid.php to see my spec. Worked for me.
brunolambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 06:16 PM   #3
Steve40th

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunolambert View Post
I used http://www.compnine.com/vid.php to see my spec. Worked for me.
Thanks.Gave me very basic data. I guess I will go to Jeep..
Unread 09-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #4
llm317
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
I am trying to find out if my 2012 Liberty Latitude came with the towing package transmission cooler. I dont have the white plastic auxiliary fan attached to water pump. I do have a small radiator behind bumper, but it looks like it may be the power steering cooler.
I was looking at it the best I can without light tonight, and since it was my wife that bought it used, she was told it had the Tow Package. I dont see any codes, etc that may suggest it.
Any help would be great.
Thanks.
Use the contact us on jeep.com with your vin. They reply back pretty quickly with the build sheet. I've done it for all 5 Jeeps I own.
llm317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 03:13 AM   #5
Steve40th

Quote:
Originally Posted by llm317 View Post
Use the contact us on jeep.com with your vin. They reply back pretty quickly with the build sheet. I've done it for all 5 Jeeps I own.
Thanks, Did it.
Unread 09-23-2013, 03:27 AM   #6
Steve40th

Quote:
Originally Posted by llm317 View Post
Thanks, Did it.
Unread 09-23-2013, 04:53 AM   #7
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

If you don't have the mechanical fan, hitch, wire harness or full size spare then chances are the vehicle wasn't equipped with the tow package. Nothing to worry about though, it can be added.
The transmission is cooled through the A/C condenser, I was unable to find a different one so I don't think the tow package made a difference there.
The "sway control" as some call it is a function of the vehicle's stability control, nothing different there either.
Mopar calls the mechanical fan a viscous fan. You'll need the fan, clutch and hardware to install it.
The mopar receiver is the one you want as it tucks up nicely out of the way compared to the aftermarket ones.
You'll also need to purchase a trailer brake controller or prepare for increased maintenance on the brakes or the inability to stop.
Mopar recommends a load leveling hitch and for good reason. The stock springs are squishy and a trailer of any real size will point your front end to the sky.
They sell two different wire harnesses. A 4 wire and a 7 wire one. You want the 7 wire one. The receiver has a place to mount it already welded to it.
That said, additional transmission cooling is a very good idea as well as a temperature gauge.
This info is based on the experience I had while improving my KK's towing capability. I still have to add the fan and I'm undecided about the auxiliary cooler.
2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Ted15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 06:53 PM   #8
brunolambert
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Thanks.Gave me very basic data. I guess I will go to Jeep..
It will tell you if you have tow package with something like this:

AAR Loading & Towing Group III
AHTP Trailer Tow Group
brunolambert is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.