How to remove rear cargo area trim piece? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > How to remove rear cargo area trim piece?

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 04-26-2012, 07:29 AM   #1
Spooky504
2008 KK Liberty 

How to remove rear cargo area trim piece?

Anyone know how to remove the rear trim piece on the right side in the cargo area? I'm doing the CB antenna install GoodPrepper wrote up here http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/...te-up-1354307/ . I see the vents that he fished the coax through behind the taillight housing but I'm going to have to remove the trim piece inside the Liberty directly bhind the taillight and I don't want to just start pulling (read: breaking) things.

Spooky504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 08:39 AM   #2
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

take out the d ring and then pull, its all snaps
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #3
Mattyvac
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky504 View Post
Anyone know how to remove the rear trim piece on the right side in the cargo area? I'm doing the CB antenna install GoodPrepper wrote up here http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/...te-up-1354307/ . I see the vents that he fished the coax through behind the taillight housing but I'm going to have to remove the trim piece inside the Liberty directly bhind the taillight and I don't want to just start pulling (read: breaking) things.
I will be doing this over the weekend...watching this thread for answers!
Mattyvac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 12:15 PM   #4
VegasDragger45
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntb View Post
This plus you will have to fold the rear seat down. I also removed the top of the seat belt to make it easier for fishing it out. The piece is huge.
2010 KK, 2" Daystar lift, 245/75/16 BFG All-Terrains, interior LED's, front rear and cargo liner weather tech's, Pioneer AVH-p4400BT, GEX-P920XM, Kicker 6" in front 5 1/4" in rear, PB 2.75" in dash, Kicker 300.1 amp, Pioneer TS-SWX310, JK light bar with Hella 500 ff and 100w bulb, BOYO rear view camera, JBA exhaust, K&N drop in filter and more to come.
VegasDragger45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #5
Mattyvac
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntb View Post
This is correct, I just did it today.

Unscrew the side D-ring and snap it all off, watch the weather stripping for the trunk though.
Mattyvac is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.