How to: PCV Valve Replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > How to: PCV Valve Replacement

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-21-2014, 07:12 PM   #1
dtbingle
2011 KK Liberty 

How to: PCV Valve Replacement

After a bunch of help from the people on here, I'll try to post how-to's for basic maintenance type stuff that people have taught me. As I get around to doing each one, I'll take pictures and write the how-to's. Hopefully they help someone out.

PCV Valve Replacement

You can buy an OEM replacement PCV valve from the dealership for about ~$20.

1) Find the PCV valve. It's located on the driver side, rear of engine block. The top valve part of it is an orange'ish color.

Here's a close-up

2) Remove the rubber connector from the top of the PCV valve. It has a hose clamp holding it on. The hose clamp on mine was pretty stiff so I used a pair of needle nose pliers to help. Basically grab the two tabs on the hose clamp with the pliers and squeeze them together. Hold this position and wiggle the rubber connector while pulling up. It should pop off.

Here's what it looks like after you get the rubber connector off

3) Unscrew the PCV Valve. This is a pain in the butt. The biggest socket I had was a 1 1/4 in and it wasn't big enough. You can use a wrench or a pair of vise grips (this is what I used). Just grab a hold of the METAL base of the part and work at it until it comes loose. Unscrew it and then pull the old one out.

To install the new one:
1) Hand screw the replacement PCV valve back in as far as you can
2) Tighten with your tool of choice until it is in there nice and good
3) Squeeze the tabs on the hose clamp and push the rubber connector back onto the top of valve as far as it will go. It should come close to touching the flat part of the orange ring.

dtbingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2014, 08:10 AM   #2
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Good job. This is a commonly forgotten maintenance item.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.