How to open the hatch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > How to open the hatch

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipArtec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300

Unread 06-16-2013, 08:24 AM   #1
RKK
2012 KK Liberty 

How to open the hatch

Hi guys, I am wondering if anyone had this issue that that have to open the hatch the is locked and the battery is
dead. I am hoping to find a manual way to release the lock and open the hatch. I didn't find any key slot in my jeep kk to put the key in and turn.

RKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 09:41 AM   #2
carlosburitica
2010 KK Liberty 

??????
carlosburitica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 05:03 PM   #3
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Isn't their a latch on the back door?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
RKK
2012 KK Liberty 

Tried it pressing and pulling, didn't help, as if it was locked
Unread 06-17-2013, 01:28 AM   #5
Edwardkain
2008 KK Liberty 

hey dude there is a key entrance on your driver side door right on the out side, incase you have a dead battery or a failed remote key entrance you can access your car by using the key to open it manually, Jeep is not that dump to make a car without manual key access and I never seen such before and till now, other wise if you have a case of a dead battery and there is no manual access say RIP to your car.

Edward Kain
Edwardkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #6
mrbeal
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwardkain View Post
hey dude there is a key entrance on your driver side door right on the out side, incase you have a dead battery or a failed remote key entrance you can access your car by using the key to open it manually, Jeep is not that dump to make a car without manual key access and I never seen such before and till now, other wise if you have a case of a dead battery and there is no manual access say RIP to your car.

Edward Kain
So how does this ^^^ help OP open the hatch with a dead battery???

OP -
you'll need to hook up jumper cables or a new battery to get power to your system to open the rear hatch if it's locked.
mrbeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #7
BillyP

My 08 has a manual release on the inside of the hatch, just above the latch assy. It's a half moon shaped plastic insert, pry out the top and pull to release.
BillyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #8
RKK
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyP
My 08 has a manual release on the inside of the hatch, just above the latch assy. It's a half moon shaped plastic insert, pry out the top and pull to release.
Thank you BillyP, open the half moon plastic, and inserted screwdriver and twisted it to the right. That unlocked the hatch.

image-2457835058.jpg
Unread 06-19-2013, 11:24 AM   #9
mrbeal
2011 KK Liberty 

^^^Hmmm, good to know!
mrbeal is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.