How much lift to fit stock JK wheels & tires? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > How much lift to fit stock JK wheels & tires?

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 10-26-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
Ogeechee
2011 KK Liberty 

How much lift to fit stock JK wheels & tires?

I found a good looking set of JK takeoffs. 255/75-17 goodyears & factory rims. I know I'll need adapters for the bolt pattern. How much lift do I need?

Ogeechee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2013, 05:47 AM   #2
brunolambert
2008 KK Liberty 

Let's see if tom taught us well...

I'd say you would need at least 4 inch of lift + regear + they would still rub.
brunolambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2013, 06:54 AM   #3
Ogeechee
2011 KK Liberty 

Cool! Who makes a 4" lift?
Unread 10-27-2013, 07:02 AM   #4
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunolambert View Post
Let's see if tom taught us well...

I'd say you would need at least 4 inch of lift + regear + they would still rub.

Very good Grasshopper , you have listened and learned well
Unread 10-27-2013, 07:08 AM   #5
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogeechee View Post
Cool! Who makes a 4" lift?
jeepinbyal
4 inch adjustable coilover kit includes front adjustable coilovers, JBA UCAs, rear springs and 5100 series rear Bilstein shocks rear bump stops etc 3300.00
now also include 1500 or so for the re-gearing, parts and labor
So 4800 and you can run them.
Oh and of course 200 for the Spidertrax wheel adapters so even 5000.00 and the best looking KK in town
Without a re-gear then really bad mileage, transmission will not be happy due to shifting back and forth all of the time, it will run hotter due to the trans issue etc
Of course if you want to go more conventional and stay with say 245-75-16s then you can do it for much cheaper and no re-gear
Gotta pay to play
Unread 10-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #6
Ogeechee
2011 KK Liberty 

Really? Only one company makes a lift kit for these vehicles? That's crappy. The price seems excessive, too...but I guess if you have the market cornered as much as this "Al" guy does you can pay off your machine shops' mortgage with the sales of 4 or 5 products.

Seems like you could do a SAS for cheaper...and have upgraded running gear.

Oh well. Thanks for the fast answers everyone!
Unread 10-27-2013, 01:41 PM   #7
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

No other companies do make lift kits, OME/ Ironman etc
BUT
you wanted to fit a 32 inch tall tire so the game changes as the other are in the 2.5-3 inch range and you need 4 inches
Guess you didn't read my response that you can do it cheaper if you stay with a smaller size tire
Plus lots of R&D went into finding the right setup/ shock wise, spring rates etc to make a good riding adjustable coilover lift. Check out any for other vehicles and see what their prices are for adjustable coilovers, much different than just adding heavier springs etc

Oh good luck doing a SFA cheaper than that and have everything working when you're done
Unread 10-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #8
AtTheHelm

^^^ very true.

JBA also knows about how many kits they are going to sell. (Not very many relatively speaking).
The demand for them plays a big role in pricing. If they sold them cheap it wouldn't be a business, it would be a charity.
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #9
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

^^^^^^^
and with the number of KJs/KKs sold -vs- the number who actually do lift kits there isn't that big of a real demand.
I was at one un-named lift manufacturer and they don't even want to mess with the KJs/KKs really and they are a huge company. they can make way more selling other kits than what it takes to R&D kits for us when they know very few will be sold compared to TJs/JKs , Dodge GM, Ford pickups etc etc

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.