JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   KK Liberty Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/)
-   -   How much lift to fit stock JK wheels & tires? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/how-much-lift-fit-stock-jk-wheels-tires-1726538/)

Ogeechee 10-26-2013 10:36 PM

How much lift to fit stock JK wheels & tires?

I found a good looking set of JK takeoffs. 255/75-17 goodyears & factory rims. I know I'll need adapters for the bolt pattern. How much lift do I need?

brunolambert 10-27-2013 06:47 AM

Let's see if tom taught us well...

I'd say you would need at least 4 inch of lift + regear + they would still rub.

Ogeechee 10-27-2013 07:54 AM

Cool! Who makes a 4" lift?

tommudd 10-27-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brunolambert (Post 17189066)
Let's see if tom taught us well...

I'd say you would need at least 4 inch of lift + regear + they would still rub.

Very good Grasshopper , you have listened and learned well

tommudd 10-27-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogeechee (Post 17189490)
Cool! Who makes a 4" lift?

jeepinbyal
4 inch adjustable coilover kit includes front adjustable coilovers, JBA UCAs, rear springs and 5100 series rear Bilstein shocks rear bump stops etc 3300.00
now also include 1500 or so for the re-gearing, parts and labor
So 4800 and you can run them.
Oh and of course 200 for the Spidertrax wheel adapters so even 5000.00 and the best looking KK in town
Without a re-gear then really bad mileage, transmission will not be happy due to shifting back and forth all of the time, it will run hotter due to the trans issue etc
Of course if you want to go more conventional and stay with say 245-75-16s then you can do it for much cheaper and no re-gear
Gotta pay to play

Ogeechee 10-27-2013 02:19 PM

Really? Only one company makes a lift kit for these vehicles? That's crappy. The price seems excessive, too...but I guess if you have the market cornered as much as this "Al" guy does you can pay off your machine shops' mortgage with the sales of 4 or 5 products.

Seems like you could do a SAS for cheaper...and have upgraded running gear.

Oh well. Thanks for the fast answers everyone!

tommudd 10-27-2013 02:41 PM

No other companies do make lift kits, OME/ Ironman etc
BUT
you wanted to fit a 32 inch tall tire so the game changes as the other are in the 2.5-3 inch range and you need 4 inches
Guess you didn't read my response that you can do it cheaper if you stay with a smaller size tire
Plus lots of R&D went into finding the right setup/ shock wise, spring rates etc to make a good riding adjustable coilover lift. Check out any for other vehicles and see what their prices are for adjustable coilovers, much different than just adding heavier springs etc

Oh good luck doing a SFA cheaper than that and have everything working when you're done:thumbsup:

AtTheHelm 10-27-2013 03:36 PM

^^^ very true.

JBA also knows about how many kits they are going to sell. (Not very many relatively speaking).
The demand for them plays a big role in pricing. If they sold them cheap it wouldn't be a business, it would be a charity.

tommudd 10-27-2013 04:24 PM

^^^^^^^
and with the number of KJs/KKs sold -vs- the number who actually do lift kits there isn't that big of a real demand.
I was at one un-named lift manufacturer and they don't even want to mess with the KJs/KKs really and they are a huge company. they can make way more selling other kits than what it takes to R&D kits for us when they know very few will be sold compared to TJs/JKs , Dodge GM, Ford pickups etc etc

The time now is 04:46 AM.