How many of you have wheel locks on your KK? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > How many of you have wheel locks on your KK?

Jeep Wrangler Hurricane Flat Fender Flare Kits for 2007-208.8 Swap Kit w/ TRUSS for JeepsPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 08-19-2013, 11:33 PM   #1
JeepGeezer
2012 KK Liberty 

How many of you have wheel locks on your KK?

How many of you have wheel locks on your KK?

I do, and I have wheels locks on my motorcycle trailer, too (along with various other hitch and trailer locks.) I know somebody could probably steal all of it if they really want to, but I'm for "Keepin honest people honest."

How about you?

JeepGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 12:01 AM   #2
Cobradwight
2012 KK Liberty 

I do because my kk came with them. I've always had nice vehicles but never had any wheels stolen . So I guess I'm lucky? A friend from work found his 22s missing and his charger on blocks in the drive way. I think the taller sidewall folk are not much targets anymore .
Cobradwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 06:35 AM   #3
RENE65
2008 KK Liberty 

Mine came with them,took them off, seen too many people stranded because they could not get them off. ( broken key or too tight to take them off ,head of lock nut broken off)
RENE65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 08:25 AM   #4
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Wheel locks are easily removed without the "key",they make special sockets to remove them.

I ran them for about a week then decided to remove them,better to have my wheels/tires stolen then the whole Jeep.I do keep one on the spare though as 1 wheel/tire combo is below my deductable.
Unread 08-20-2013, 08:30 AM   #5
88_yj

Wheel locks are easily removed with a socket hammered over them they will come off with ease. I've removed some with a 4way hammered onto them

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
88_yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #6
carlosburitica
2010 KK Liberty 

i do... and have two different sets per wheel
carlosburitica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #7
Babaki
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENE65 View Post
Mine came with them,took them off, seen too many people stranded because they could not get them off. ( broken key or too tight to take them off ,head of lock nut broken off)
this right here. i had them on my previous car, got a flat tire. tried to take them off and the inside of the "key" broke in a million pieces as soon as i tried to turn it. then i was stuck and had to call tow truck. took it to the dealer and they cut it off. after that i took them all off, and also removed them all from my wife's car.

they a toolkit at sears that removes them as well. if someone REALLY wants your wheels they will find a way to take them.
Babaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #8
88_yj

Like the saying goes "a lock only keeps and honest man honest" if they really want something they will get it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
88_yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 12:30 PM   #9
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Nobody steals stock wheels anymore Unless they are shiny and stupid looking, they are virtually invisible. If they are 20"+ and aftermarket, no lock will save them.
My friend inherited his grandfathers stock 60s ford F100 and fixed it up nice. Drove it for two years always parking it in front of his house in a bad neighborhood. He told me he was going to spend his tax refund on some "chignon Rims" to replace the stock white wheels. I told him that would be a bad idea but he did it anyway. It was stolen within 24 Hours. Found two days later burnt and rimless in the desert.
Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #10
Steve40th

Any pictures of your wheel locks. Jeep installed some ugly Mopar ones on mine yesterday. They look hideous. The ones on there before almost looked like oem lugs. Sat down inbhe wheel real nice. But they replaced them for warranty work as one was stripped on the stud. Shopping for new ones.
Steve40th is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.