How many rear isolators w/ OME 132L? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > How many rear isolators w/ OME 132L?

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-27-2013, 08:35 AM   #1
mtbiker
2011 KK Liberty 

How many rear isolators w/ OME 132L?

Just got my springs in & I have a small drivers side lean. I got the iso to fix it, but then it I got to thinking that I would like more of a rake. Would I have enough shock to do two isolators on the passenger side & three on the drive side? I'm sure someone has stacked iso s and wanted to see what my limits were.

mtbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 06:29 AM   #2
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Yup. I put two 1/4" top plates up front and 3/8" clevis drop and 2" spacers at the rear. That gives 1" of rake which doesn't really look right. I'll be dropping the rear about 3/4" and adjusting the front if necessary to give the back just a little rake. I think the limit for the isolators is 2 or 3 though. Probably because of what they're made of.
2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Ted15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 07:39 AM   #3
mtbiker
2011 KK Liberty 

Sounds about right. Think I'll go w/ three on the drive and two on the passenger side.
Unread 08-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #4
mtbiker
2011 KK Liberty 

Ordered 4 more to go with the one I already have. Ordering tires on Wednesday. Decided on 245/70/16 Cooper AT3s.
Unread 08-13-2013, 07:08 PM   #5
mtbiker
2011 KK Liberty 

JBA is great! My isolators showed up this morning. Getting new rubber installed, PlastiDipping my wheels and hopefully installing the isolators this weekend.
Unread 08-14-2013, 07:15 AM   #6
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15 View Post
Yup. I put two 1/4" top plates up front and 3/8" clevis drop and 2" spacers at the rear. That gives 1" of rake which doesn't really look right. I'll be dropping the rear about 3/4" and adjusting the front if necessary to give the back just a little rake. I think the limit for the isolators is 2 or 3 though. Probably because of what they're made of.
Ted, did you have to get longer studs for your strut tower in order to accommodate the two extra top plates?
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 09:23 AM   #7
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntb

Ted, did you have to get longer studs for your strut tower in order to accommodate the two extra top plates?
No I didn't. They were long enough but there aren't very many threads above the nuts.
2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Unread 08-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #8
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
No I didn't. They were long enough but there aren't very many threads above the nuts.
So I'm guessing you had to relocate your front breather hose? Where did you end up with it?
Unread 08-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #9
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

I extended all of them. It's at the top of the firewall.
Unread 08-15-2013, 07:10 AM   #10
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
I extended all of them. It's at the top of the firewall.
I really need to do this too but there isn't much water fording here in west Michigan so I've been putting it off

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.