How to install footwell LED strip - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > How to install footwell LED strip

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 08-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #1
Luch466
2008 KK Liberty 

How to install footwell LED strip

I have a 2008 Liberty Limited and I want to add a few sets of LED lights in the cabin, but firstly I would like to add lights under the foot wells. I purchased 2 12" blue led strips for the driver and passenger foot well and I would also like to add a toggle switch so I can turn the lights on at my own convenience. 1. where would be a convenient place to install the switches and 2. whats the easiest way to install the wires?

Luch466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 07:31 PM   #2
08KKJeepGrn
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luch466 View Post
I have a 2008 Liberty Limited and I want to add a few sets of LED lights in the cabin, but firstly I would like to add lights under the foot wells. I purchased 2 12" blue led strips for the driver and passenger foot well and I would also like to add a toggle switch so I can turn the lights on at my own convenience. 1. where would be a convenient place to install the switches and 2. whats the easiest way to install the wires?
Are you going with VLEDs.com strips, they are SUPER easy to install. just tap into a exsiting interior lamp. ie: directly above the driver's floor are lamps.

Click the link, click your color, click your length.. http://www.v-leds.com/Strip-Lights-LED/c512358-1-3/
Soon to come: '13/'14 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
08KKJeepGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
Luch466
2008 KK Liberty 

No I purchased the LED strip off ebay. it comes with 2 strips for $15 with shipping. V-LED are expensive. My friend bought from ebay as well and it is an excellent product. I would not be attaching the wires to the foot well lamps as I want to be able to manually switch them and not want them to only turn on when the door opens.
Unread 08-09-2011, 12:13 PM   #4
WA_KK
2008 KK Liberty 

If you want to be able to turn them on on-demand you would have to tap into something like the 12V plug that's always powered and then wire in a switch

Sent from my HTC EVO using JeepForum
WA_KK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2011, 09:33 AM   #5
Luch466
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA_KK View Post
If you want to be able to turn them on on-demand you would have to tap into something like the 12V plug that's always powered and then wire in a switch

Sent from my HTC EVO using JeepForum
So I can always connect the positive wires from the strips to the switch and then to the 12v cigarette lighter and then the negatives to a ground. I'm just trying to figure out on how i would feed the wires through to get to that area.

Has anyone ever tried wiring LED lighting in the 08 Liberty?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.