How is the ENTIRE COUNTRY out of KK axles?!? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > How is the ENTIRE COUNTRY out of KK axles?!?

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-04-2013, 06:55 PM   #1
TurboGoKart
2005 TJ Wrangler 

How is the ENTIRE COUNTRY out of KK axles?!?

Replacing my axles and wheel bearings on my 08 KK. I just did the drivers side about two weeks ago. I went thru hell finding the right axles to begin with, was sent KJ axles, then had to suck it up and by the drivers side axle from the stealership. So now I'm ready to do the passenger side, and same deal. NO ONE in the world apparently--except the stealership--has either axle in stock, NOR can their manufacturers order any. It's a "return and rebuild" part ONLY. How is this possible???

Moreover, the dealer quoted me MORE for the passenger side (shorter) axle. Wtf?!

TurboGoKart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 07:04 PM   #2
brunolambert
2008 KK Liberty 

I had some uninteresting time trying to find used parts around here. They have not sold enough KK. Finding a door in good condition was just not possible.

It was interesting how every parts were more expensive than Grand Cherokee parts, you know... The luxury jeep...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using JeepForum
Unread 03-04-2013, 07:06 PM   #3
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunolambert View Post
It was interesting how every parts were more expensive than Grand Cherokee parts, you know... The luxury jeep...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using JeepForum
It's quite simple. It boils down to sales numbers.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #4
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Its actually the fact that these vehicles are not that old yet. None have been on the road long enough to have gotten old and decrepit and just given away to junk like cherokees.
You have to wreck one so bad as to have nothing left to salvage otherwise the insurance company fixes it or it goes to auction to get fixed and sold used with a salvage title.
Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2013, 09:54 AM   #5
standog
2012 KK Liberty 

The same way the entire country is out of bed side panels for my ram. Talking to the body shop they said any and all chrysler, jeep and ram cars and trucks are almost impossible to get parts for.

Good luck my truck has been at the shop for 2 months waiting on one bed panel.
standog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #6
swamppro
2008 KK Liberty 

Look at my transmission thread. Transmission went out 2 weeks ago. A new one will not be able to ship to dealership till Oct 25th!
swamppro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 06:49 AM   #7
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Way to go Fiat. Sell out and go back to where you came from.
Unread 09-28-2013, 06:57 AM   #8
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15 View Post
Every car company has the same supply issues due to the economy.No one stocks a lot of parts as they can not afford it.

You want to wait for parts buy a Suzuki.
Unread 09-28-2013, 06:57 AM   #9
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15
Please disregard. I thought you were talking about OEM.

There isn't any aftermarket support yet. They have the part numbers but haven't started stocking yet.
The passenger side is way different from the driver side. There are also two pieces on the passenger side, of course they're sold separately. Mine failed at the spline where the two pieces go together. Dealer refused to look at it at about 10000 miles. Wouldn't cover after the lift when it got real bad, that's where the blame for failure went.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.