How do you remove front wheel liner? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > How do you remove front wheel liner?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-07-2010, 09:57 PM   #16
LibertyHopeful
2008 KK Liberty 

The clips fit here:

Pirelli Scorpion ATR 235/65R17 • WeatherTech Floor Liners • Mopar Cargo Tray
LibertyHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 08:17 PM   #17
MtnLuvr
2009 KK Liberty 

I've started carrying fender flare clips with my in my offroad kit (after having a fender pop off and another pop loose on the trail), so I just bought them at my dealer. They were $13.00 for a bag of 10 (thus $1.30 each). I've also heard that some people have found them fender flare clips on e-bay. As you know, there are 2 different types on the KK's flares so insure you're buying the one(s) you need/want.

Good luck.
MtnLuvr's Off-Road Front Winch Bumper, Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, Heavy Duty Off-Road Rear Bumper/JBA 4" AaS Lift w/UCAs/16x8's w/ 245/75R16 GY MT/Rs
MtnLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 08:20 PM   #18
MtnLuvr
2009 KK Liberty 

You could also (carefully and using an appropriate tool to disengage the clips from the body) remove the other front fender flare, pull out 1 of the clips so you leave 2 and then use the 1 removed with the 1 you have on your other flare and then it too will have 2. That's what I've had to do on the trail before I started carrying the gray fender flare clips with me.
MtnLuvr's Off-Road Front Winch Bumper, Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, Heavy Duty Off-Road Rear Bumper/JBA 4" AaS Lift w/UCAs/16x8's w/ 245/75R16 GY MT/Rs
Unread 07-10-2010, 02:41 AM   #19
LibertyHopeful
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnLuvr View Post
You could also (carefully and using an appropriate tool to disengage the clips from the body) remove the other front fender flare, pull out 1 of the clips so you leave 2 and then use the 1 removed with the 1 you have on your other flare and then it too will have 2. That's what I've had to do on the trail before I started carrying the gray fender flare clips with me.
Gray clips? All 3 different kinds of clips I replaced were black. Never even saw any gray clips. Good suggestion about keeping spares, but the black ones are $5 to $6/piece. Way too much to bother buying a bag of spares!
Unread 07-10-2010, 02:42 AM   #20
LibertyHopeful
2008 KK Liberty 

By the way, called another Jeep dealership and the parts guy found these clips for me in 30 seconds (sent him the picture). Just proves how absolutely incompetent the parts guy was at the dealership nearest me. He told me to get the two clips I still needed, I'd have to pay $300 for the entire fender assembly. What rubbish! The clips were 5 bucks each and I paid $10 for both.
Unread 07-10-2010, 05:43 PM   #21
MtnLuvr
2009 KK Liberty 

Glad you found what you needed.
Unread 07-10-2010, 06:56 PM   #22
codyjames
2008 JK Wrangler 

That's rubbish about the dealers high charge. You should of asked for them to check tire pressure, fluids, wipers, relays, ect to wind out the time they charged you for. On the flip side seems like they have a cheap labor rate per hour at least compared to dealerships I've seen.
codyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2010, 08:01 PM   #23
LibertyHopeful
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyjames View Post
That's rubbish about the dealers high charge. You should of asked for them to check tire pressure, fluids, wipers, relays, ect to wind out the time they charged you for. On the flip side seems like they have a cheap labor rate per hour at least compared to dealerships I've seen.
Their labor rate is actually $135/hour -- I think that's pretty damn high.

Regarding being ripped off, spoke to the owner of the dealership and he basically told me to go F myself.
Unread 07-10-2010, 08:56 PM   #24
codyjames
2008 JK Wrangler 

OK I figured since he charged 26.00 for the 25 min labor rate it would equate to a bit over 60.00 an hour that didn't seem right from a dealership. 135 an hour however seems to be the going rate. Unfortunately I've read alot of jeep dealer horror stories recently. Lots of people being blacklisted from warranty work. One dealership refused to honor my warranty because my truck was dirty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyHopeful View Post
Their labor rate is actually $135/hour -- I think that's pretty damn high.

Regarding being ripped off, spoke to the owner of the dealership and he basically told me to go F myself.
codyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 02:12 AM   #25
LibertyHopeful
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyjames View Post
OK I figured since he charged 26.00 for the 25 min labor rate it would equate to a bit over 60.00 an hour that didn't seem right from a dealership. 135 an hour however seems to be the going rate. Unfortunately I've read alot of jeep dealer horror stories recently. Lots of people being blacklisted from warranty work. One dealership refused to honor my warranty because my truck was dirty.
I actually got it wrong. The 0.2 hours I was charged for was $26. They charge in increments of 0.1 hours and 0.1 is $13. 0.1 hours equals 6 minutes and the job took 3 minutes so 0.2 hours is charging me for 4X the amount of time it actually took. I would have accepted being charged for 0.1 since that's the minimum, even though truly they just should of done the 3 minutes of work for free after making me wait for 90 minutes while the retarded parts guy looked up the part that took the parts guy at another dealership 30 seconds.

How exactly did a dealership refuse to honor your warranty because your truck was dirty. Why didn't you just go get a car wash and come back and see how they could complain then?

I haven't dropped it about the dealership that ripped me off though. I filed a report with the BBB and sent a copy of the letter to the CEO of Chrysler Canada (dealership in question is located in Canada), CEO of Chrysler Group, and the presidents of two motor dealer associations that the dealership belongs to. I'm even thinking of hiring people to picket with large signs out in front of the dealership. These guys pushed me over the edge. I wanted to handle it amicably, but for the owner of the dealership to behave to me like he did isn't acceptable. Unfortunately for him, he's going to have a firestorm on his hands. He thinks I'll just do like everyone else he rips off and let it go. He's in for a massive surprise.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.