How do I Set Radio Presets? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > How do I Set Radio Presets?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-27-2013, 03:23 PM   #1
xxxxxxxxxxxxelorwatch
2012 KK Liberty 

How do I Set Radio Presets?

Hello,

I'm not a Manual (book) person; honestly, it took me at least 20 minutes to figure the Time (mins/seconds) as who'd think you just had to push in the Tuning button to activate their change? hahaha.

Anyway, it's even worse with the radio presets. There's a button on right side of 6 that reads SET ?ND (what's ?ND and why Not MEM, short for Memory?) and I recall, when I pressed it seeing in the Display SET1 SET2 and I believe each Set is 6 Memory Settings (?) Total of 12.

But I'm sick today and was just thinking how to Set a station into the Memory (?) as I did it once, and now I can't recall whether I HELD DOWN THE SET (?ND) BUTTON, AND THEN, PRESSING DOWN A NUMBER (?) for the desired Channel?

Is this the way to intergrate a station into the Radio's Memory, please?

Last edited by xxxxxxxxxxxxelorwatch; 03-27-2013 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: Added more Info
xxxxxxxxxxxxelorwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 05:45 AM   #2
xxxxxxxxxxxxelorwatch
2012 KK Liberty 

I'm going to answer My own Question because no one else has - so I did researched the answer.

How to Set Radio Presets:
Press, Set RND, button.
Display will show.
Set 1
Set 2
Select, Set 1, for 1st time. I believe by just pressing, Set RND, again.
Assuming you have already selected your station (?)
PRESS/HOLD down, #1 Button, UNTIL display shows time.
If you just press #1 Button QUICKLY, it will NOT be stored in Memory.

(P.S.) Beware of YouTube video with older man in 2010 Jeep instructing Presets, as he just hits the Number buttons quickly - which will NOT - be Memory Stored.

*Note: Although there are only (6) Numbered buttons below the Display, you can Memory Store up to (12) Presets, by Selecting, Set 2. Therefore,

AM has (12) Presets
PM has (12) Presets
SAT has (12) Presets

**Note: When in, Set 2, Mode, Pressing #1 Button, will Display #7 on Screen, and Pressing #2 Button to Preset, will Display #8 on Screen, etc.

IMHO I think designer should have labeled the, Set RND, button,
Pre
Set

but that would make sense of course LOL and a BEEP sound when Station is Stored in Memory, would also make sense. I have to say, the Asians definitely have gotten it all together, as my prior Toyota was completely intuitive.

I still am clueless as to the acronym RND ??? However, since the Vowels are missing, it could stand for the word, ROUND?

But, Set Round, also makes no sense. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Only consolation is that Jeep is Not American owned - so it seems the blame goes toward the Italians. haha
xxxxxxxxxxxxelorwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2014, 03:22 PM   #3
dlbgt

RND is for random when you select cd player
dlbgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2014, 01:31 PM   #4
4x4chiko
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbgt View Post
RND is for random when you select cd player
I wonder if RND will work for an mp3 disc.
4x4chiko is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.