How do i remove the factory stereo? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > How do i remove the factory stereo?

Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipArtec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 04-06-2010, 08:38 PM   #1
rvicere
2009 KK Liberty 

How do i remove the factory stereo?

I bought another in dash unit to replace my factory stereo and i dont know how to remove the panels (without breaking them). If anyone can tell me how to do this it would greatly help. anyone have the service manual that tells how to do this?

rvicere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2010, 10:39 PM   #2
JeepMan95ZJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Like most, its just a series of carefully and retardedly placed screws and little easily breakable plastic clips. I see you drive an '09 KK. NOt sure on those ones, but your best bet is to look around the bezel around where the factory one is and see if there are any screws you can get to. Otherwise you just might have to pop the bezel off and screwess are easy to get to. Shoot me an email blindelementflip@yahoo.com with a picture or two of the dash and I'd be more than happy to help you get out the old, and put in the new. If you havent done so already.
Unread 04-07-2010, 07:54 AM   #3
rvicere
2009 KK Liberty 

thanks. i kept researching last night and found this.

LOST JEEPS • View topic - HOW TO: DASH BEZEL DISASSEMBLE
Unread 04-07-2010, 09:01 AM   #4
Dave_B
2008 KK Liberty 

Check over on LOST in the how to tech section they have a write up on KK's
Dave
Unread 04-07-2010, 10:03 AM   #5
rvicere
2009 KK Liberty 

thanks they had a complete picture by picture explaination.
Unread 04-08-2010, 06:10 PM   #6
geene519
2010 KK Liberty 

what did you get to replace the stock one? just curious, i've been looking around for an indash GPS setup.
Unread 04-09-2010, 12:22 PM   #7
rvicere
2009 KK Liberty 

i got the Alpine INA-W900
Unread 06-29-2010, 09:07 AM   #8
Jeepier
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvicere View Post
i got the Alpine INA-W900
How do you like the stereo? Was the install easy? I'm interested in picking up an aftermarket indash system as well.
Jeepier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2010, 08:29 PM   #9
rvicere
2009 KK Liberty 

i love it! install was fairly easy, i had a friend who has installed numerous stereos help me. The hardest part was routing the backup camera from the rear of the jeep to the front (taking off all the panels etc-which there are picture by picture descriptions of how to remove them on lostjeeps i believe) buddy also bypassed so i can use the camera while i am in drive and also watch dvds while driving (for the other passangers in the vehicle of course). also had to call sirius and register the new unit, all else like bluetooth and nav was easy to setup and modify. let me know what you decide to get.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.