How do I keep the headlights from coming on, when I unlock the doors w/ remote? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > How do I keep the headlights from coming on, when I unlock the doors w/ remote?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 03-29-2013, 05:37 PM   #1
x99j

How do I keep the headlights from coming on, when I unlock the doors w/ remote?

I believe it is called illuminated entry.

When I unlock the doors with the remote the headlights stay on for 30-90 seconds until the vehicle is started. does anybody know how to turn this feature off?

I have read the owners manual and it mentions this feature but never mentions how to turn it on or off.

This is on a 2012 Liberty Sport.

Thanks for any help!

91 yj 2.5l, ax-5, np 231 3 inck lift, 31'' mud rovers

12 kk 3.7L, 42rle, mp1522, d-30, 8.25.
x99j is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2013, 07:20 PM   #2
greenkk

its in personal settings when you it the button on the left a few times
greenkk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2013, 07:51 PM   #3
x99j

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenkk View Post
its in personal settings when you it the button on the left a few times
are you talking about the button on the steering wheel or evic? i have a sport without the evic. mike

Unread 03-30-2013, 06:57 AM   #4
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Then I believe it is an items your going to have to live with. The dealership maybe able to reprogram it for you. The purpose behind the feature is to illuminate the area around your vehicle before you are standing next to it allowing you to see any security threats nearby. Down side is that if you park with the front of your KK aimed in someones window, if you use it in the dark you just lit up the room in front of you.
Unread 03-30-2013, 07:13 AM   #5
x99j

thanks for the reply! i think you might be right about living with it. i was hoping their was a procedure like their is for the seatbelt chime (which is not stated in owners manual), for the headlight re-program on non-evic vehicles.

Unread 03-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #6
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Worked
Unread 04-03-2013, 09:16 AM   #7
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
Then I believe it is an items your going to have to live with. The dealership maybe able to reprogram it for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by x99j View Post
thanks for the reply! i think you might be right about living with it. i was hoping their was a procedure like their is for the seatbelt chime (which is not stated in owners manual), for the headlight re-program on non-evic vehicles.
The options through the EVIC are “OFF,” “30 sec,” “60 sec,” or “90 sec”, so it appears "OFF" might be an option if they can reprogram it. I couldn't find anything that said it was possible/not possible. You could always call a dealer and ask.
Unread 04-04-2013, 07:16 AM   #8
x99j

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares View Post
The options through the EVIC are “OFF,” “30 sec,” “60 sec,” or “90 sec”, so it appears "OFF" might be an option if they can reprogram it. I couldn't find anything that said it was possible/not possible. You could always call a dealer and ask.
thank you! i will update when i talk to the dealer. mike

Unread 04-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #9
contsole
2011 KK Liberty 

The dealer made the change for me, I don't have the EVIC. It took less than 5 minutes to connect and make the change. There was no charge since he was doing something else.
contsole is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.