Hood blackout decal - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Hood blackout decal

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 06-18-2013, 08:53 AM   #31
heiliges
2012 KK Liberty 

dude so my next project.

heiliges is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #32
staubitzk
2011 KK Liberty 

Anybody get this for their jeep yet? I was thinking about getting it but I was wondering if the quality was good.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-2009-20...30958933161%26
Unread 08-02-2013, 02:48 AM   #33
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

For those that may not have seen this over on LOST,

Here's the MOPAR one for $169. Easy to put on like window tint. Clean hood, spray on soapy water, align to the holes for the windshield washers, use credit card to comb out air bubbles, peel of the top layer a little while later ...done. If you don't like the stripe cut it off first.

Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 08:42 AM   #34
staubitzk
2011 KK Liberty 

Leave it to Mopar to double the price of everything. Not really wanting to spend $160 on a sticker.
Unread 08-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #35
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I got mine added in as condition of the purchase after price negotiations were done so it was free to me.

You should get that one on ebay and post up the results. It can be wet applied so you can do it yourself. It's easy. All those color choices are a plus.
Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #36
grsmnky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drednot
For those that may not have seen this over on LOST,

Here's the MOPAR one for $169. Easy to put on like window tint. Clean hood, spray on soapy water, align to the holes for the windshield washers, use credit card to comb out air bubbles, peel of the top layer a little while later ...done. If you don't like the stripe cut it off first.
I like the Mopar hood decal. I need to replace the damaged hood decal on my Arctic. Think I will go with this one rather than the getting the plain one without jeep logo and stripe. Thanks for sharing.
grsmnky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2013, 10:12 PM   #37
shawnicles
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drednot View Post
I got mine added in as condition of the purchase after price negotiations were done so it was free to me.

You should get that one on ebay and post up the results. It can be wet applied so you can do it yourself. It's easy. All those color choices are a plus.
I'll be the guinea pig, I just bought it to see what it looks like. I didn't like the Mopar one because it doesn't look matte black to me from the pictures. I should have put an offer on that.

Last edited by shawnicles; 08-06-2013 at 10:21 PM.. Reason: im an idiot and it's too easy to click buy now
shawnicles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 07:29 AM   #38
staubitzk
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnicles View Post
I'll be the guinea pig, I just bought it to see what it looks like. I didn't like the Mopar one because it doesn't look matte black to me from the pictures. I should have put an offer on that.
Did you receive the ebay hood decal yet? I heard some bad reviews about them I just want to be sure before I buy.
Unread 08-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #39
shawnicles
2008 KK Liberty 

Yeah I received it, but I haven't gone to get it installed. I'm just going to pay someone that does vinyl wrap to do the install. Probably get it done tomorrow or Friday when I can leave work for a couple hours unnoticed.
Unread 08-29-2013, 08:09 AM   #40
staubitzk
2011 KK Liberty 

I took the plunge. Could not be more happier. It fit perfectly and was a breeze to install. Would recommend to anyone wanting the Arctic or Renegade style hood decal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231017944849...S:3160&vxp=mtr
Unread 08-29-2013, 10:04 AM   #41
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Looks great!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #42
shawnicles
2008 KK Liberty 

Weird, I got mine and it was all crinkled so when I went to install it none of the crinkles would come out.
Unread 08-29-2013, 05:27 PM   #43
shawnicles
2008 KK Liberty 

I just sent an e-mail to the ebay guy to find out if he will send me a new one. How long did it take you to do the install?
Unread 08-30-2013, 08:54 AM   #44
staubitzk
2011 KK Liberty 

About 15 minutes. You have to make sure you wet the hood and back of vinyl with a lot of soapy water. It allows you to take the wrinkles out. A6 Vinyl can be very tricky at times.
Unread 08-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #45
shawnicles
2008 KK Liberty 

So i'm assuming yours had a lot of wrinkles as well? Needless to say, the ebay seller has been super helpful and was willing right away to send another or refund my money. Also willing to send me some 3M stuff that's more expensive to replace because I told him the person I took it to was a 3M installer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.