Hitch / Wiring Harness - Part Number check - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Hitch / Wiring Harness - Part Number check

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-06-2014, 01:05 PM   #1
Oban
2012 KK Liberty 

Hitch / Wiring Harness - Part Number check

Hi y'all,

Getting ready to order the Mopar hitch receiver and wiring harness. Did a lot of reading and looked at CURT and others, but decided that the Mopar design provides the best clearance and is only a couple bucks more.

Before I hit the order button I wanted to confirm the part numbers with the more knowledgeable folks here on the forum:

Hitch Receiver: 82210988AB

Wiring Harness (7 Prong): 82210642AD

I also found the following part number for a wiring package (?), it is also significantly cheaper. Not sure whether this will work instead of the above: 82207253AB

Any inside as to whether the part numbers work would be appreciated. Don't want to be stuck with the wrong stuff.

Thanks in advance!

-Oban

Unread 04-06-2014, 01:15 PM   #2
nfodzy
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oban View Post
Hi y'all,

Getting ready to order the Mopar hitch receiver and wiring harness. Did a lot of reading and looked at CURT and others, but decided that the Mopar design provides the best clearance and is only a couple bucks more.

Before I hit the order button I wanted to confirm the part numbers with the more knowledgeable folks here on the forum:

Hitch Receiver: 82210988AB

Wiring Harness (7 Prong): 82210642AD

I also found the following part number for a wiring package (?), it is also significantly cheaper. Not sure whether this will work instead of the above: 82207253AB

Any inside as to whether the part numbers work would be appreciated. Don't want to be stuck with the wrong stuff.

Thanks in advance!

-Oban
This off of the mopar site?
nfodzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2014, 01:17 PM   #3
Oban
2012 KK Liberty 

I wasn't sure if I am allowed to post links here. The part numbers are off of the factorychryslerparts(dot)com website.

@Mods, I am sorry if I am not allowed to post links here - please remove if this is the case.
Unread 04-06-2014, 08:34 PM   #4
nfodzy
2011 KK Liberty 

Yeah those are both the correct product numbers. Order!
nfodzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2014, 04:21 AM   #5
Oban
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfodzy View Post
Yeah those are both the correct product numbers. Order!
Perfect! Thanks. Will order today.
Unread 04-08-2014, 07:16 PM   #6
Oban
2012 KK Liberty 

Thanks again y'all! Received the parts this morning. After I got my KK back from the dealership to fix the tranny leak I installed the hitch receiver and harness. All done. Looks great.

With that said, routing the harness to the engine bay (and close too but away from the exhaust and manifold) is a PAIN! That my fingers aren't bleeding is a miracle.

Anyhow, easy DIY project :-)

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.