Hissing from Underneath? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Hissing from Underneath?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 07-29-2013, 12:02 PM   #1
Sagerist

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Hissing from Underneath?

So recently, I noticed that something was leaking and hitting something hot and it made a sizzling sound after i parked. I never saw any fluids drip or any puddles. Then today i parked the jeep at work and i heard a hissing coming from most likely the same spot that almost sounded like one of the tires had a hole in it. I haven't had a chance to really get under there and diagnose what in the world is going on. But I wanted to drop a line to you guys to see if any of you had experienced this to help expedite whatever repairs i might need to do.

Thanks Gents!

Colorado Jeep Club Member #286
89 YJ 2.5L
OME 36R's, Bilstein 5100's, Bserk 5/8" shackles, 33x10.5 BFG's on 15x8

09 KK Sport 4X4
235/75/16 GY Slnt Armor
CB 2' Firestik
Fire/EMS Radio
Sagerist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

A/C condensate dripping on hot exhaust parts. Nothing to worry about.
Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #3
Sagerist

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Just weird that i never heard it do that before. coming from rear of engine too. just to clarify.
89 YJ 2.5L

09 KK Sport 4X4
235/75/16 GY Slnt Armor
CB 2' Firestik
Fire/EMS Radio
Unread 07-31-2013, 02:23 AM   #4
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Most likely the a/c. Keep an eye on it and see if you see any puddles of water under it. The water comes from the condenser and drips on the cats. Nothing to worry about, and every KK does it. If you don't see water, or the puddle isn't water, then it's time to worry lol
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2013, 01:08 PM   #5
Sagerist

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys. Just never noticed it before i guess.
89 YJ 2.5L

09 KK Sport 4X4
235/75/16 GY Slnt Armor
CB 2' Firestik
Fire/EMS Radio
Unread 08-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #6
beherenow
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxer524 View Post
Most likely the a/c. Keep an eye on it and see if you see any puddles of water under it. The water comes from the condenser and drips on the cats. Nothing to worry about, and every KK does it. If you don't see water, or the puddle isn't water, then it's time to worry lol
mine used to do that long time ago...
on hot days like today (98*F), my A/C will take a little while to start blowing cold air... if i turn the AC on and i'm parked the AC will never start to blow cold air
beherenow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #7
rescue575
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagerist
So recently, I noticed that something was leaking and hitting something hot and it made a sizzling sound after i parked. I never saw any fluids drip or any puddles. Then today i parked the jeep at work and i heard a hissing coming from most likely the same spot that almost sounded like one of the tires had a hole in it. I haven't had a chance to really get under there and diagnose what in the world is going on. But I wanted to drop a line to you guys to see if any of you had experienced this to help expedite whatever repairs i might need to do.

Thanks Gents!
Notice mine doing the same thing this summer. Was dripping under drivers seat and hitting exhaust pipe. Was concerned at first to cause never heard it before and never seen anything drip from that spot since I've owned the truck. I'm used to the condensation dripping under engine compartment. My puddle was clear and deff water. Like others have posted, if your puddle is water then most likely no worries. If its something else, get it in the shop fast.
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #8
Sagerist

1989 YJ Wrangler 

yea, the dripping was enough the other day that it was making it to the ground before evaporating. I didnt get a chance to look at what it was as i got distracted and forgot about it. But im sure its fine. if not, i will let you know!
89 YJ 2.5L

09 KK Sport 4X4
235/75/16 GY Slnt Armor
CB 2' Firestik
Fire/EMS Radio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.