HELP! Oil filter part number - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > HELP! Oil filter part number

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 08-23-2014, 12:18 PM   #1
goser

HELP! Oil filter part number

Just changing the oil on my 2010 KK, picked up a napa (wix) 7045 filter, however it does not seem to be the same as the one I took off. I can't find any other listing numbers for a filter... would the tow package have a different filter??

The one I took off is shorter than the 7045, and the threads seem larger. Am going to try to find my micrometer to measure, but don't want to risk bunging up the threads if it isn't correct. Any advice would be appreciated!

goser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2014, 12:47 PM   #2
goser

Sorry folks... nevermind. Once I calmed down a bit I noticed both filters had a 22 stamped on the top... obviously both M22 threads... the old one just looked bigger because of a band around the outside of the threads. And the old filter was a Valvoline 105... I'm assuming the filter is smaller because it was a universal style from whatever quick lube the previous owner took it to.

I have to say I'm not a fan of the filter location, but the engineers did a good job with that little plastic drip tray!

One related question tho... should the drain plug have a gasket on it? It was pretty tough to get off... I think the oil pan was flexing from the torque needed to loosen it! Makes me wonder how thick the oil pan is... a good portion of mine is pretty rusty, so I'll be keeping an eye on it for pinhole leaks I think!
goser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2014, 03:03 PM   #3
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

Yes, the plug bolt should have a gasket on it. Here's an image borrowed from google:
Unread 09-18-2014, 02:30 AM   #4
SloJeeper
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I use Motorcraft FL400s
SloJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2014, 03:54 PM   #5
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloJeeper View Post
I use Motorcraft FL400s
Don't work on '10+ 3.7's(might have changed in '09),they went to metric threads so you'd need a filter that cross references with a PH500.
Unread 09-18-2014, 03:59 PM   #6
SloJeeper
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post

Don't work on '10+ 3.7's(might have changed in '09),they went to metric threads so you'd need a filter that cross references with a PH500.
Huh ain't that something. I have an 08 and my dad has an 03 so I had no idea
SloJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.