Help with back glass on lift gate - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Help with back glass on lift gate

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 12-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #31
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

You guys are making me really nervous.

Unread 01-15-2014, 03:55 PM   #32
james2003e

I have read through this thread, these hinges are very frustrating. Today I went to the dealer and was told I would have to buy the glass also, because the tabs are attached to the glass. So for clarification, can the hinges indeed be bought separately, mine is a 2008 model. Thank You
james2003e is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2014, 04:56 PM   #33
athomasg
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by james2003e View Post
I have read through this thread, these hinges are very frustrating. Today I went to the dealer and was told I would have to buy the glass also, because the tabs are attached to the glass. So for clarification, can the hinges indeed be bought separately, mine is a 2008 model. Thank You
After reading through this thread it appears that the

driver side hinge is part# 57010061AB

and the

passenger side hinge is part# 57010060AB
4.5" RC lift, 33x12.5 GY DuraTrac
athomasg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 10:55 PM   #34
cherokeeshrop91
2009 KK Liberty 

hey guys,
was just looking through this post, and had a question i hope someone can answer even though this has not happened to me. on the older model liberty's, i believe the back glass came with hinges that had a drain hole in the bottom of them to prevent this problem. has anyone thought of attempting to use the older style hinges? if so would they fit? i figure if you could get them either from dealer or wherever else, it would be a great mod to make sure that this issue plenty seem to be having does not happen again. i have not researched whether the older liberty's had this problem or not so please correct me if i'm wrong. thanks.
stock but not for long.
cherokeeshrop91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2014, 08:36 AM   #35
adammillers

The old style hinges are very different in shape and style. They will definitely not work for the new style Jeep liberty. I ordered a pair of them on accident to fix my problem and I had to send them back.
adammillers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 12:09 PM   #36
jonner519

Guys:

I can confirm that I ordered just the hinges for the 2008 Jeep Liberty and that is it. You absolutely do not need to order the entire rear glass assembly.

My right one completely rusted out and separated from the glass (like some of the pictures in this thread) and then upon closer inspection the left was close to going as well so I ordered a hinge for both sides.

I think there is confusion with respect to the inventory @ Jeep b/c when I went to order them the guy @ the inventory counter at the Jeep dealership originally said to me as well that I needed to order the entire glass assembly ($1K). Which, of course, I thought was crazy and did more reserach and thankfully found this thread.

I think it turns out that for some reason in the inventory Jeep only has hinges for 2007 and 2009+ models (but not 2008). Since 2008 and 2009 are the same model I ordered the 2009 hinges and worked fine. So try asking for hinges for the 2009 model if you are getting the run around on the 2008 model.

Cheers
jonner519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014, 08:16 PM   #37
smedcat
2008 KK Liberty 

My 2008 Liberty did the same thing. After getting the run around from the window guys, body shops, salvage yards, and most of all the dealership I did find them online. Go to Mopar.com, enter your jeep year, body style, ect, then shop parts. On the left side of the screen it will give you parts/accessories list. The hinges can be found under the glass heading. They are $39.10 on this site but once I found the part number, I did a google search of that and found a couple sites that sell them a little cheaper. Hope this is helpful for you and to anyone else that may come across this same issue!
smedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014, 09:44 PM   #38
Yakker
2008 KK Liberty 

Hey smedcat,thanx for the post-we're almost neighbors(except for that big bridge over the Detroit river) we're both living thru the same cold crappy tons-of-salt-on-the-roads winter.Would have thought these hinges should have held up better but my right side one is really bad-will def have to replace it in the spring.Spring is coming eh? or is this the next ice age just starting?
Unread 02-21-2014, 10:00 AM   #39
longman
2014 JK Wrangler 

Wow ...same issue here with my wife's new-to-her '08 KK. Bought from a dealer and it has to go back to install a missing grill piece, so after reading this, I am going to be rather insistent that they fix this hinge issue also. I thought it was just a cosmetic thing, but now, after seeing the "fix pix" ... just sayin. Thanks to the posters on this :-)
longman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2014, 04:03 PM   #40
Yakker
2008 KK Liberty 

If you're seeing the cracks in the hinge that we've got then really push them to fix it. Good luck,hope it works out.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.