Help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Help!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 04-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #1
davidshain
2009 JK Wrangler 

Help!

So I have a 2012 2WD Liberty Limited Latitude. I love everything about it BUT ITS A 2WD! So, what can I do to it to make it more off road capable and something I want to keep and not trade for a Wrangler! Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

davidshain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #2
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Well unless you change the fact that it's RWD, the only things would be more for looks. Either way, a lift and tires. Seeing how you don't have to deal with the front diff you could probably go even higher than the 4" that 4x4s are more or less limited to. With a nice lift and larger more aggressive tires you can be both more capable and still get the aggressive look. As for not trading it in.....taking a look at the bill and how much you still owe might possibly help lol
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:26 PM   #3
AtTheHelm

Throw in a rear locker and you'll be impressed.
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #4
davidshain
2009 JK Wrangler 

Sounds great you all. Yes, I owe way too much on it to trade for any Wrangler right now, even after owning it for 9 months! Yes, it was a bad trade deal! Dealer saw me coming! LOL
Unread 04-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #5
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Rear Locker, Lift, and some good tires. If you decide to wheel a bit it might a good idea to install tow hooks and carry a tow rope.
Unread 04-02-2013, 11:02 PM   #6
davidshain
2009 JK Wrangler 

My KK

This is my ride, it is completely stock right now, and 2WD.
liberty2.jpg   img_1569.jpg  
Unread 04-02-2013, 11:04 PM   #7
davidshain
2009 JK Wrangler 

The first pic is one from a dealer, but the second on is mine. I like the looks but I just dont like the Goodyear tires. The fact that it is 2WD i sjust something I will have to live with for a few years!
Unread 04-03-2013, 06:40 AM   #8
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Why did you even buy it if you're so upset that it's only 2WD? Put some nicer tires on it and some tow hooks
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 07:21 AM   #9
_benjammin
2012 KK Liberty 

Clevis lift to get the front up and level.
_benjammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 07:19 PM   #10
davidshain
2009 JK Wrangler 

Well its funny you ask about the 2WD issue. I was on my way back to Fort Sill, OK (I was deployed there) from Missouri in the hot summer. My Bimmer died on me, so I went to the Jeep Dealer originally looking at Wranglers (which I Kick myself in the A#@ for not staying with) and the sales person showed me this Liberty Limited Latitude. I didnt know it was a 2WD when I bought it, and being the stupid idiot I am sometimes, I talked myself into keeping the Liberty and just roll with it. And I really do like it, I dont really get off road that much but I liked the idea of having 4x4 when I need it. But Ill get an old Wrangler or CJ or something for a project toy this summer. I do like the idea of getting that front end up level Benjamin. Clevis Lift? Give me more info about this. I do plan on getting some better tires (some all terrains) very soon. It really is a nice looking and very well equipped ride!
Unread 04-04-2013, 12:07 PM   #11
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...ic.php?t=44037

I think that has some info on the clevis. It might be the KJ, but the front is the same as the KK so it would work. Just remember the nice thing about 2wd is you don't have to worry about cvs when lifting. You can go sky high! I think the steering might end up limiting you eventually, I'm not sure. Tommudd or someone will probably correct me if I'm wrong or give more insight lol
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 10:09 AM   #12
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
Rear Locker, Lift, and some good tires. If you decide to wheel a bit it might a good idea to install tow hooks and carry a tow rope.
^^^ This is as good as a 2WD can get w/ regards to "more offroad capable."

Problem is the locked rear will just push the front end through and steering will suffer.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #13
_benjammin
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post

^^^ This is as good as a 2WD can get w/ regards to "more offroad capable."

Problem is the locked rear will just push the front end through and steering will suffer.
True...but you could swap out the stock front with JBA Silver for better capability.
_benjammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 06:18 PM   #14
davidshain
2009 JK Wrangler 

Well I don't like lifted 1 wheel drives so that's out. I will level it out and then look at wheels tires and locker, this KK isn't one to take too far off road.
Unread 04-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #15
davidshain
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidshain
Well I don't like lifted 1 wheel drives so that's out. I will level it out and then look at wheels tires and locker, this KK isn't one to take too far off road.
2 wheel drive that is! Stupid keyboard!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.