Heating/AC problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Heating/AC problem

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 02-21-2010, 05:04 PM   #1
dandiham
2008 KK Liberty 

Heating/AC problem

Having a problem with selector contol for heat and AC. When Placing selector to a specfic location I still receive a small amount through a different location. Vent-defroster,feet-vents and so on. I have brought this back to the dealer 2 times both times they said this is normal operation. It is very annoying when the air is directed at the floor and continues to come out from the vents blowing into my face and eyes. Does everyone that owns a 2008 liberty have this same problem or is it just me. I have owned numerous cars and never experience a problem like this before. any respondes would be apprieciated

dandiham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2010, 09:49 PM   #2
ivorycruncher

My 08 KK doesn't seem to have this problem. It blows air where it's supposed to, according to the dial. Of course, I have the manual control. Does yours have the automatic climate control feature, where you select a temp you want, and let the system maintain it on its own? If so, that could be part of your problem.

The gripe I have with the fan is that it makes a heck of a lot of noise, and hardly blows any air. The Explorer I used to have made about as much (maybe slightly less) noise on the high setting, and had a LOT more powerful air flow out the vents than what this Jeep is capable of. It reminds me of those crappy plastic floor fans from Walmart that makes lots of noise and barely move any air at all. If somebody knows of a fix (even an aftermarket upgrade) for this, I'd be interested, but I'm not holding my breath.
ivorycruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2010, 11:45 AM   #3
Elt31987

2008 KK Liberty 

Mine doesnt seem to blow out of vents that arnt selected, could always close the slots if the dealer wont fix it i guess
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids
Elt31987 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.