Heater core bad on a 2008kk w/44k??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Heater core bad on a 2008kk w/44k???

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #1
CoachRamirez
2008 KK Liberty 

Heater core bad on a 2008kk w/44k???

I have a 2008 kk and the dealer is telling me that my heater core is clogged and needs to be replaced!! They said there is something in the fluid, but they are not sure what it is or why its there. I bought the extended lifetime warranty, but of course was told the heater core is not covered.
Please help. . I need a solution. any thoughts will help

Brought the truck in because I had no heat on the driver side, but had heat on the passenger. I thought there would be no heat at all if the core was clogged. I feel I am about to get screwed at the dealer tomorrow.

CoachRamirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooznxt2 View Post
I have a 2008 kk and the dealer is telling me that my heater core is clogged and needs to be replaced!! They said there is something in the fluid, but they are not sure what it is or why its there. I bought the extended lifetime warranty, but of course was told the heater core is not covered.
Please help. . I need a solution. any thoughts will help

Brought the truck in because I had no heat on the driver side, but had heat on the passenger. I thought there would be no heat at all if the core was clogged. I feel I am about to get screwed at the dealer tomorrow.
Disconnect the battery for several minutes. Sounds like a control module glitch...
Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 06:00 PM   #3
Dave_B
2008 KK Liberty 

Sounds like t5he little door in the heater, I seem to remember a upgraded part being available. Search over on LOST.
Dave
Unread 02-10-2011, 06:15 PM   #4
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_B View Post
Sounds like t5he little door in the heater, I seem to remember a upgraded part being available. Search over on LOST.
Dave
Is it controlled by a servo motor?
Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 07:23 PM   #5
Dave_B
2008 KK Liberty 

I can't remember, but it sticks and didn't seal correctly. causing no or limited heat to the drivers side. Less than $20 part if I recall.
Dave
Unread 02-10-2011, 07:44 PM   #6
Dave_B
2008 KK Liberty 

Hope Digger doesn't mind. I copied this from LOST.

"OK there is not a tsb for this problem, however Chrysler did update the close out panel with a new version. The poor airflow to the drivers floor is caused by the poorly designed closeout panel. The panel is supposed to direct airflow to the floor, but there's two problems with it. One is the design doesn't direct the air properly and the material is too flimsy. This caused most of the air to be caught above the closeout panel. Not very effective.

Here's the part number for the new closeout panel for the poor airflow on the drivers side floor: 55197311AE "

Dave

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.