Heated Seat Kit 2008-10 Good in 11-12? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Heated Seat Kit 2008-10 Good in 11-12?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-29-2012, 10:17 PM   #1
dryanwilson
2012 KK Liberty 

Heated Seat Kit 2008-10 Good in 11-12?

Is there any reason that the heated seat upgrade kit for KK's marked 2008-2010 won't work in a 2011-2012?

Part # 82210854

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/heated-...-82210854.html

dryanwilson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2012, 07:08 AM   #2
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

I just got this kit to install in my '08 over Thanksgiving. The kit is completely self contained and has its own buttons/controls. I can't imagine why it wouldn't work in a '12, as long as the power outlet wiring behind the center dash panel is the same. It splices into the Mopar wiring pigtail there. It should be plug & play. Even if the pigtail is different (unlikely), you could manually splice the wires to make it work.
Unread 12-01-2012, 08:55 PM   #3
dryanwilson
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhoward View Post
I just got this kit to install in my '08 over Thanksgiving. The kit is completely self contained and has its own buttons/controls. I can't imagine why it wouldn't work in a '12, as long as the power outlet wiring behind the center dash panel is the same. It splices into the Mopar wiring pigtail there. It should be plug & play. Even if the pigtail is different (unlikely), you could manually splice the wires to make it work.
Thanks Howard, I suspected there was no rational reason it would not work. Dealer told me not to try it, but now I'm thinking I can always try it, and if it doesnt work sell it open box on ebay.

Thanks again!
Unread 12-02-2012, 06:50 AM   #4
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

I can give you a bit of feedback on the kit. I spent one afternoon on it during the Thanksgiving weekend and got about halfway through the install. Taking the seats apart to put the heating elements in is a real pain! Not impossible, just wears you out and tries your patience. The trick is not to break any of the plastic trim pieces, but you need to apply a lot of force and finesse to release certain parts. The Mopar instructions are not that great because they don't tell you where the hidden fasteners are that you need to release. Be sure you get hog ring pliers to re-install the upholstery. They help a lot! I have the passenger's seat wired up, and will install everything on the driver's seat the next free weekend I have. Let me know if you have any questions during your install. I will have figured out the answers by trial and error already, as the Mopar instructions really don't help!
Unread 12-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #5
dryanwilson
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhoward View Post
I can give you a bit of feedback on the kit. I spent one afternoon on it during the Thanksgiving weekend and got about halfway through the install. Taking the seats apart to put the heating elements in is a real pain! Not impossible, just wears you out and tries your patience. The trick is not to break any of the plastic trim pieces, but you need to apply a lot of force and finesse to release certain parts. The Mopar instructions are not that great because they don't tell you where the hidden fasteners are that you need to release. Be sure you get hog ring pliers to re-install the upholstery. They help a lot! I have the passenger's seat wired up, and will install everything on the driver's seat the next free weekend I have. Let me know if you have any questions during your install. I will have figured out the answers by trial and error already, as the Mopar instructions really don't help!
Howard, is it true that the heated seat buttons are different than those in a pre-installed liberty, and that instead of being two large buttons on the console stack under HVAC controls, they are smaller buttons which can be applied below the shifter on the center console?
Unread 12-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #6
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

You're right about the buttons. The whole kit is self contained so the only thing it needs is power. There is no connection to the Jeep's computer brain, for lack of a better term. That's why it shouldn't matter which year of KK you have.

Here is a photo of some of the connectors. I included the power cable, which splices into the power outlet pigtail, the push buttons, and the "box" that all the wires plug into (that lives under the center console).
Unread 12-03-2012, 09:11 PM   #7
dryanwilson
2012 KK Liberty 

Thanks again, Howard. I hope your install goes well, you'll have to let us know how the performance is. It looks like a great kit, I may have to dive in soon.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.