Headlights w/ Fogs ADD-ON??? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Headlights w/ Fogs ADD-ON???

New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-25-2012, 09:32 PM   #31
kbonnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagwell View Post
http://www.centennialchryslerjeeponline.com/index.htm
9980 E Arapahoe Rd Englewood, CO 80112

I'd gladly offer to help you install --- but I'm moving to Houston on May 31st ----- after days like today, it really makes me sad to have to leave.
Well I appreciate the offer yea Houston is a lot different lol.

Hope you have a good move.

Kimo

kbonnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 07:10 PM   #32
georgejeri

2009 KK Liberty 

I added them to our '09 Liberty, or should say I had the dealer install the kit for me. Wasn't all that much just saved me the hassle.
georgejeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #33
kbonnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgejeri View Post
I added them to our '09 Liberty, or should say I had the dealer install the kit for me. Wasn't all that much just saved me the hassle.
Cool. The only "problem" is that the kit is only for 2008 and 2009 I believe even though it works with other years. I suspect the dealer will either not want to do it or charge more to "figure it out". I think the only difference is that the kit needs a auto headlight stalk the kit does not include.
Kimo
Unread 06-07-2012, 04:57 AM   #34
eoerikson3
2011 KK Liberty 

Add the switch. From JustForJeeps.com.

08-09 WK,XK & KK Multifunction Switch

Availability: In Stock
Estimated Delivery Date
Rating: Rate this item
Item # 68015101AE
Manufacturer: Mopar
Regular price: $69.10
Sale price: $62.19
You Save $6.91 (10%)
Quantity:

This is the Multifunction switch for the 08-09 WK Grand Cherokee, XK Commander and KK Liberty. This multifunction switch is for Jeeps with Fog Lamps and Auto Headlamps.
Item # 68015101AE
Added tow hitch, tow hooks, skid plates, foglight kit and headlight masks, remote start, chrome steps, and Cooper Discoverer A/T3 235/75R16.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f128/2008-2012-liberty-kk-electrical-parts-1517747/"]Stuff for sale[/URL]
eoerikson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 08:44 AM   #35
bagwell
2011 KK Liberty 

just to clarify --- the MOPAR kit DOES contain a multi-function stalk switch to turn the fogs on/off --- you only lose the AUTO function -- which for me was a plus - I never used AUTO anyway and didn't want it on the switch.
bagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 08:50 AM   #36
eoerikson3
2011 KK Liberty 

I just threw it out there if anyone wanted to keep the auto headlights. Some people like them.
I am keeping the world informed... one useless tidbit of information after another. LOL
Added tow hitch, tow hooks, skid plates, foglight kit and headlight masks, remote start, chrome steps, and Cooper Discoverer A/T3 235/75R16.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f128/2008-2012-liberty-kk-electrical-parts-1517747/"]Stuff for sale[/URL]
Unread 06-08-2012, 11:31 AM   #37
kbonnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoerikson3 View Post
I just threw it out there if anyone wanted to keep the auto headlights. Some people like them.
I am keeping the world informed... one useless tidbit of information after another. LOL
And one tidbit I copied for future reference

The Jeep KK factory add-on upgrade fragmentation is one thing that drives me crazy, as trying to discuss with a dealer on the 2 items I want goes nowhere as they keep telling me they won't work. The Fog Light kit is for 2008-2009 (though we know it works for the other years as well, but you have to get a separate stalk if you want the auto lights), and the auto dim rear view mirror is for 2008-2009 (why not for 2010+, would it still work in a 2011?).

Anybody else put in a auto dim rear view mirror on a 2010+ KK?

Kimo
Unread 06-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #38
bagwell
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbonnel View Post
the auto dim rear view mirror is for 2008-2009 (why not for 2010+, would it still work in a 2011?).

Anybody else put in a auto dim rear view mirror on a 2010+ KK?

Kimo
MAY be a future project...I hardly drive the thing anymore tho.

I can tell you that any mirror that will fit will work power wise.
bagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #39
georgejeri

2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagwell View Post
just to clarify --- the MOPAR kit DOES contain a multi-function stalk switch to turn the fogs on/off --- you only lose the AUTO function -- which for me was a plus - I never used AUTO anyway and didn't want it on the switch.
After I had mine installed I didn't miss the AUTO function, even though it would be nice to have.
georgejeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 07:33 AM   #40
gtimark
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yes. This is a resurrected thread. But, it's brand new to me.

The posts here indicate that the '08-'09 OEM fog light kit can be placed on an '11 Liberty. I want to do the same on my '12 Liberty, but the parts guy I'm dealing with swears it won't work. He says that guys have returned the kit because "it didn't work."

Has anyone since Bagwell added this kit to an '11 or '12 Liberty??

Any info back would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
gtimark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #41
MtBJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtimark

The posts here indicate that the '08-'09 OEM fog light kit can be placed on an '11 Liberty. I want to do the same on my '12 Liberty, but the parts guy I'm dealing with swears it won't work. He says that guys have returned the kit because "it didn't work."

Thanks in advance.
You should be fine. Some '12s came with fogs (mine did). The guys who returned the kits probably just expected plug and play and didn't take it in to the dealer.
MtBJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #42
gtimark
2005 TJ Wrangler 

That's my gut feeling; but, with $300 on the line, I'd like to be a bit more confident before the plunge.
gtimark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 06:20 AM   #43
eoerikson3
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtimark

Thanks in advance.
I put it on my 2011 sport. Works great. After the install you will need to go to the dealer to have them programmed into yours with the sales code, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 07-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #44
kbonnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtimark View Post

Thanks in advance.
I agree with what the others have said. I believe it will work fine, as long as it is programmed after it is properly installed. I bet all the people who are returning the kits is because they never got the dealer to program the codes in. And I bet the parts guy doesn't understand this has to be done as well.
Unread 07-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #45
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbonnel

i agree with what the others have said. I believe it will work fine, as long as it is programmed after it is properly installed. I bet all the people who are returning the kits is because they never got the dealer to program the codes in. And i bet the parts guy doesn't understand this has to be done as well.
x2
2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Ted15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.